The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), claimed responsibility for 25 attacks carried out across different parts of Balochistan between 15 and 22 May, targeting Pakistani military forces, police, Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) personnel and infrastructure linked to state-backed and commercial projects.
In a statement issued to the media on Saturday, BLA spokesperson Jeeyand Baloch said the group’s fighters had conducted coordinated operations in several districts, including Panjgur, Noshki, Mastung, Turbat, Khuzdar and Kharan.
According to the statement, the attacks included ambushes, improvised explosive device (IED) attacks, grenade launcher assaults, highway blockades and raids on Pakistani military camps and development projects.
The BLA claimed that 18 Pakistani forces’ personnel were killed and several others injured during the operations. The group also confirmed the deaths of two of its own fighters during clashes in the Surab region.
Among the incidents highlighted by the group was an attack on 15 May in the Gwarag area of Panjgur, where the BLA alleged it targeted members of what it described as a “death squad”, claiming three people were killed and five injured. The group also claimed to have raided and set fire to a compound in Noshki allegedly linked to an individual identified as Cyrus Jamaldini.
On 17 May, the BLA said its fighters burned vehicles transporting supplies allegedly destined for Pakistani forces in the Dasht area of Mastung and in Basima. In Zamuran’s Jabshan area, the group claimed responsibility for an IED attack on foot patrol personnel of Pakistan military, while in the Laleen area of Turbat it said fighters attacked a camp belonging to the Frontier Works Organisation (FWO), seized weapons and set heavy machinery and vehicles on fire.
The group further claimed that clashes following the Turbat attack left three Pakistani personnel dead and several injured.
On 18 May, the BLA said it fired grenade launchers at a military post near Degree College in Quetta and later carried out armed highway blockades and attacks in Surab and Rodenjo. During clashes in the area, the group said two of its fighters, identified as Salman alias Farzind and another unnamed member, were killed.
The BLA also claimed responsibility for an attack on a CTD office in Kharan using grenade launchers.
In another incident on 19 May, the group claimed it killed a CTD official identified as Shabbir Askani in Turbat and seized his weapon. The BLA accused the officer of involvement in alleged extrajudicial killings and other abuses.
The same day, the group said it blocked the Quetta–Taftan highway near Mill in Noshki and detained 17 individuals allegedly linked to the Reko Diq Mining Company project. According to the BLA, the detainees were later released following a request from an allied organisation identified as the Sindhudesh Revolutionary Army (SRA).
On 20 May, the BLA claimed to have taken control of sections of the Quetta–Taftan highway in Mastung’s Kardegap area, where it seized ten vehicles and set five of them on fire. Additional attacks were reported in Kech, Kharan and Mastung, including several IED attacks targeting Pakistani military personnel.
The BLA also claimed that its intelligence wing, identified as “ZIRAB”, detained an official of the Pakistan’s Airports Security Force(ASF), Deputy Director Waseem Ahmed, during what it described as an “intelligence-based operation” on the highway near Kalat. The group alleged that the officer had been under surveillance for several months. Pakistani authorities have not publicly commented on the claim.
On 21 May, the BLA said its fighters established checkpoints along the M-8 motorway in Khuzdar’s Wangu area for more than two hours and exchanged fire with advancing Pakistani forces. The organisation also claimed to have shot down a quadcopter drone during the clashes.
The group further claimed that its fighters, alongside members of the United Baloch Army (UBA), carried out coordinated attacks in Jhal Magsi, Kotrah and Gandawah targeting police and military positions. According to the statement, a police post in Gandawah was briefly overrun and set on fire before one detained officer was later released.
Additional attacks and highway blockades were reported by the BLA in Zamuran, Panjgur and Dalbandin, including operations targeting vehicles allegedly transporting fuel and supplies linked to the Saindak Metals Limited project.
On 22 May, the BLA claimed responsibility for another IED attack targeting a bomb disposal squad in Mastung, alleging that two personnel were killed. The organisation also said it detained two individuals, including a man it identified as a Pakistani soldier travelling in civilian clothing, during a highway blockade in Khuzdar’s Ornach area.
In a separate incident in Wadh, the BLA claimed to have attacked another FWO camp, destroying more than ten vehicles and killing three security personnel during an ambush on a military convoy.
In the concluding section of the statement, the BLA described the operations as evidence of what it called the group’s growing “military and political maturity”. The organisation also defended its release of detained individuals in Noshki and Gandawah as part of its internal policy and discipline.
Pakistani authorities had not officially responded to the claims at the time of publication.





























