London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Quetta: Protestors block city’s main arteries in protest, cite ‘government negligence’

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

The families of the victims of the Ziarat incident and the Baloch human rights activists blocked the several busiest arteries of the provincial capital Quetta on Friday in protest, suspending the traffic for hours. The protestors were joined by political activists, social workers, student leaders and the general public. The protestors said that the government’s negligence and inaction have forced us to take this drastic action.

The families of the victims of the Ziarat incident – where allegedly 11 Baloch missing persons were killed in a ‘fake encounter’ – and Baloch missing persons activists have been protesting in front of the Governor’s House in Quetta for the past seven weeks. The protestors have proposed three demands – the government must launch a judicial commission to investigate the Ziarat incident, the authorities must assure the families of Baloch missing persons that their loved ones will not be harmed and the missing persons must be safely released.

The protestors claim that the government has not seriously considered their demands. If anything, they say, the government representatives are trying to coerce us into ending our protests. The protestors claim the government representatives told them that if they did not end their protest, there would be no negotiations.

Finally fed up with what they call ‘government negligence and inaction’, the protestors blocked the city’s busiest roads on Friday in protest. The protestors gathered near the Balochistan Secretariat and blocked the route leading to the JPO Chowk and the Serena Hotel.

The protestors said the authorities have turned a deaf ear to our protests. They said that our companions have gotten sick due to the extreme fluctuations of the weather in the past few weeks. They said that we were forced to take such drastic action.

Some civilians tried to break through the protest, but they were thwarted when the protestors – women and children specifically – lay down on the road in front of the vehicles, blocking their path.

The protestors resented the interference, saying we came out on the roads so that the authorities would hear our plea, but our compatriots are trying to run us over with their vehicles.

The protestors said the last time we blocked the roads we were assured that our demands will be considered, but the officials have reneged on their promises once again.

SourceTBP

Latest News

Quetta, Mastung: Three More ‘Forcibly Disappeared’, One Recovered

Three additional cases of alleged enforced disappearances have been reported from Quetta and Mastung, while another previously missing man has...

Mastung: University of Gwadar Vice Chancellor and Colleagues Recovered

The Vice Chancellor of the University of Gwadar, Professor Abdul Razzaq Sabir, along with three others who were abducted earlier this month near Mastung, have...

Kech: Man Allegedly Disappeared After Detention by Pakistani Forces

A case of alleged enforced disappearance has been reported from the Dasht Bilnagor area of Kech District, where a man is said to...

BLA Claims 25 Attacks Across Balochistan Over One Week

The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), claimed responsibility for 25 attacks carried out across different parts of Balochistan between 15 and 22 May, targeting Pakistani military forces,...

BLA Identifies Bilal Shahwani as Attacker in Quetta Train Blast

The Baloch Liberation Army said on Sunday that the attacker who carried out a deadly blast targeting a shuttle train in Quetta...