London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

BNP-M’s Long March Targeted in Suspected Suicide Attack; Mengal Unhurt

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Sardar Akhtar Mengal, leader of the Balochistan National Party-Mengal (BNP-M), remained unharmed on Saturday after a suicide bomber blew himself up near the party’s protest rally in Mastung.

The BNP-M had launched a long march from Wadh on Friday to protest the arrests of Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) organiser Dr Mahrang Baloch and other activists, as well as police crackdowns on sit-ins across Balochistan.

On Friday night, the march faced major obstacles as Pakistani authorities blocked roads with shipping containers and fired tear gas at protesters attempting to reach Quetta.

Related: BNP’s Long March Faces Shelling, Mass Arrests Near Quetta

Mengal said more than 250 party workers were arrested at the Lakpass Tunnel on the outskirts of Quetta.

“With deep concern and anger, we confirm that state forces carried out shelling on BNP leaders and workers at Lakpass… and more than 250 workers were unjustifiably arrested,” he posted on social media platform X.

He added that the protesters would camp overnight at Lakpass and decide the next course of action in the morning.

Suicide Blast Near Sit-in Foiled

On Saturday afternoon, a suicide bomber attempted to target the BNP sit-in at Lakpass but was intercepted by Mengal’s personal security team. According to witnesses, when the security team moved to search the suspicious individual, he attempted to flee but fell to the ground.

“The suicide bomber pressed the button, but it didn’t work. Then, a few moments later, the explosion occurred,” said a young man who chased the attacker.

The blast killed the attacker on the spot. Two individuals who were pursuing him were injured in the explosion, while other sit-in participants, including Sardar Akhtar Mengal, remained unharmed.

“My security guards stopped a suspicious individual from entering the gathering,” Mengal said. “The man opened fire and then blew himself up in a ditch nearby.”

“We have no threat from any group. If we have any threat, it is from the state,” Mengal said.

BNP Senior Vice President Advocate Sajid Tareen said the attacker had tried to enter the main gathering area where speeches were underway but was intercepted by Mengal’s security team.

‘Release the Women, and We Will Return’

Balochistan government spokesperson Shahid Rind confirmed there were no fatalities in the explosion.

“According to reports, there has been no loss of life. Sardar Akhtar Mengal and the entire BNP-M leadership are safe,” he said.

Rind added that an investigation into the “alleged suicide blast” was underway and that the public would be informed of the findings. He also noted that a government delegation had been in contact with the BNP-M and had agreed to meet Mengal.

However, Mengal criticised the absence of law enforcement and rescue services after the attack.

“It is concerning that no officials from the district administration, police, or paramilitary arrived at Lakpass to investigate the suspected suicide bombing,” he said. “This attack was meant to intimidate participants into abandoning the march to Quetta.”

In response to the government’s offer of dialogue, Mengal reiterated that no negotiations would take place unless all detained women activists were released.

“Our answer is that the middle way is the release of women,” he said.
“Release the arrested women, and we will return. I am ready to give my arrest in return for the release of women.”

“This attack was meant to scare us into abandoning our protest. But our resolve remains unshaken,” he said.
“We will continue this peaceful struggle until our demands are met.”

‘Suicide Attack on Mengal Part of State Policy,’ Says Sabiha Baloch

Meanwhile, Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) leader Dr. Sabiha Baloch condemned the suspected suicide attack near the BNP-M long march, calling it “part of the state’s policy” to silence Baloch voices demanding national rights.

“The essence of the state’s policy is this: ‘We value Balochistan and its resources, but not the Baloch people,’” she said.

Dr. Baloch argued that the Pakistani state seeks to eliminate Baloch leaders and activists in order to tighten its control over the region’s natural wealth and land.

She urged the Baloch people to remain united and reject division, stating that only a collective resistance could confront what she described as “state-driven brutality and repression.”

“There is no other way forward except a united struggle,” she added.

Latest News

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...

Families Allegedly Pressured to Publicly Disassociate From Relatives Linked to Armed Groups

Allegations of increased state pressure on families of individuals accused of links with armed organizations have intensified in Balochistan, with human rights...

Four Killed in Alleged CTD Encounter in Karachi as Families Claim Victims Were Previously Missing

Four young men were killed during what authorities described as a police encounter in Karachi’s Shah Latif Town area on Tuesday night,...

Mother of Forcibly Disappeared Man Dies After 14-year Wait as Quetta Protest Camp Completes 6,081st Day

An elderly woman who spent more than a decade protesting for the recovery of her forcibly disappeared son has died while still...