The Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP) has alleged that it is receiving threats aimed at forcing the organisation to shut down its long-running protest camp and halt its campaign against enforced disappearances in Balochistan.
VBMP Chairman Nasrullah Baloch said the threats were intended to silence voices raising concerns over human rights violations. He stated, however, that the organisation would continue its peaceful struggle against enforced disappearances.
The protest camp, established outside the Quetta Press Club, entered its 6,172nd consecutive day on Thursday. According to the organisation, the camp is currently being led by VBMP executive committee member Niaz Mohammad.
During the day, individuals from different walks of life visited the camp and expressed solidarity with the families of missing persons. Participants called for an end to enforced disappearances and demanded the immediate recovery of all missing persons.
Speakers at the camp said that despite pressure and threats, the protest and peaceful campaign would continue.
According to rights groups, enforced disappearances have remained a contentious issue in Balochistan for years, with families of missing persons and advocacy organisations repeatedly urging authorities to disclose the whereabouts of those taken into custody. Pakistani authorities have previously denied involvement in many of the allegations.




























