Pak COAS says army aware of ‘nefarious designs’ of external enemies in Balochistan

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff General Asim Munir said on Tuesday that the army is aware of the “nefarious designs” of “external enemies” to disrupt the peace in Balochistan. The army chief made the remarks during his visit to the Khuzdar and Basima areas of Balochistan

According to the ISPR, the media wing of Pakistan’s army, the army chief landed in Quetta on Tuesday where he was received by the Corps Commander Quetta Lt Gen Asif Ghafoor.

ISPR said that Munir was briefed about the security situation in Balochistan and the measures being taken to ensure a “peaceful and secure environment.”

“We are aware of the nefarious designs of external enemies of Pakistan to disturb the hard-earned peaceful environment in Balochistan,” the ISPR statement quoted the army chief as saying.

The ISPR said that the COAS had instructed the troops to maintain minimum-level operational readiness to thwart disruptive attempts from external foes.

The army chief had added that the troops’ deployment in Balochistan was “focused” on providing an “environment for benevolent people-centric socioeconomic development.”

The law-and-order situation in Balochistan has been on the mend in the past few weeks as Baloch “pro-independence” groups have stepped up their activities against the Pakistani security forces.

The Tehreek-i-Taliban, who formally ended their ceasefire with the Pakistani army and started activities targeting security forces, has also become active in Balochistan. Earlier in December, the TTP claimed responsibility for the attack that left six Pakistani soldiers dead in Chaman.

SourceTBP

Latest News

Geneva: Human Rights Council meeting, concerns over forced disappearances

Under the Universal Periodic Review process at the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, the member...

Blast at Peshawar Piloce Lines mosque kills 59, injures 157

Twin suicide bombings claimed 59 lives at the Police Lines Peshawar on Monday. According to Police sources, two...

Road accident claims 41 lives in Balochistan’s Lasbela

At least 41 passengers were burnt alive after the bus fell into a ravine and caught fire in Balochistan’s Lasbela district on...

Hafiz Ali Ahmed remains missing for 8 years — Family

Hafiz Ali Ahmed, who reportedly went missing from Quetta, the capital of Balochistan, could not be recovered after eight years, his family...

Zahedan: A rally held in commemoration of “Bloody Friday”

Another rally was carried out on Friday in Zahedan city of Western Balochistan to commemorate the "Bloody Friday". As...