London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Afghanistan: Female journalist shot killed

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

A female journalist killed in a gunfire attack along with her driver on Thursday morning, in Nangarhar.

According to details,  in Jalalabad city of Nangarhar province of Afghanistan, unknown armed men shot killed Malalai Maiwand, a female journalist associated with Enikas Radio and TV.

Confirming the incident, the spokesman for Nangarhar’s governor, Ataullah Khogyani said Malalai Maiwand was on her way to work from home this morning when gunmen opened fire and killed her along with her driver. Maiwand was also an activist in the province, Khogyani added.

However, no militant group has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.

Malalai knew this was coming, while 10 months back in an interview with an Afghanistan based news agency, she said that there are threats against her.

“The enemy’s bullets will not bring us to our knees, we are prepared for all kinds of sacrifice, we will fulfill all the aspirations of Malala,” said Malalai’s brother.

Not only the country’s journalists and politicians condemned the attack but the German embassy in Kabul also tweeted saying “We strongly condemn these attacks on media representatives and civil society and civilians. They must stop!”

The EU delegation, NATO and other diplomatic missions based in Kabul in a joint statement, on Monday said they “strongly condemn” the attacks on media representatives.

It is to mention that last month, Elyas Dayee, a Radio reporter, was killed in a magnetic IED blast in Helmand province of Afghanistan. A week earlier, Yama Siawash, a former TOLOnews presenter, was killed in a similar blast in Kabul.

The killing of journalists in Afghanistan by various armed groups continues unabated, which has raised safety concerns for other journalists in the country.

SourceTBP

Latest News

Five Bodies Recovered in Hub, Khuzdar, Surab and Kharan

The bodies of five individuals have been recovered from different areas of Balochistan, according to local authorities...

Voice for Baloch Missing Persons Says Social Media Accounts Have Been Suspended

Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP), an organisation that campaigns against enforced disappearances in Balochistan, has reported the suspension of several of...

Eight People Reportedly Disappeared in Balochistan and Karachi; Four Recovered in Quetta

Eight people have allegedly been forcibly disappeared from Chagai, Quetta and Karachi, while four people who were previously subjected to alleged enforced...

Four Men “Forcibly Disappeared” in Kech District

File Photo Four men have allegedly been forcibly disappeared after being detained by Pakistani forces in Nehing River, Tump,...

BLF Claims 23 Attacks Across Balochistan; BRG Says It Damaged Railway Track in Jacobabad

Two Baloch armed groups have claimed responsibility for a series of attacks in Balochistan and neighbouring Sindh, alleging casualties among Pakistani security...