14 killed in a convoy attack in Ormara, BRAS claims responsibility

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

At least 8 Frontier Corps’ soldiers and 6 OGDCL personnel were killed in a convoy attack on the Ormara coastal highway on Thursday. The convoy was reportedly travelling from Gwadar to Karachi when it was ambushed along the way near Ormara by unidentified gunmen. The area has been cordoned off and the security forces have launched a search operation.

The convoy of the state-run Oil and Gas Development Authority was reportedly travelling from Gwadar to Karachi when it was attacked on the way. The photos of the site show the charred bodies of the dead soldiers and the personnel. The local sources say that one of the vehicles caught fire when it sustained repeated shots from the attackers. The dead bodies have been shifted to a nearby naval base.

BRAS claims responsibility

Baloch Raaji Aajoi Sangar (BRAS), an alliance of four armed “pro-independence organisations” has claimed that its fighters were behind the today’s attack. In an email sent to media outlets, the entity claimed that “BRAS fighters eliminated more than 15 enemy personnel and agents of exploitative company” in the attack.

The incident was similar to several previous attacks by the armed pro-independence organizations. In April last year, the Baloch insurgents pulled off 14 personnel of the Navy and Coast Guards vehicles and shot them dead on the same coastal highway as today’s attack. Baloch Aajoi Raj Sangar (BRAS) had later claimed responsibility for the attack.

BRAS and several other individual armed groups have carried out several attacks on Pakistani forces in Balochistan. In July this year, at least 8 soldiers were killed and 5 others were wounded when the armed Baloch gunmen attacked a security forces convoy in Panjgur.

Latest News

Quetta: Nurses protest, Police stops them entering red zone areas

In capital city Quetta, the nurses staged a protest demonstration against persistent delay in payment of their...

Civilians paying the price of conflict in Afghanistan, says Red Cross

The International Committee of Red Cross said in a recent media statement that Afghanistan is now among the deadliest places in the...

Nine killed, three injured in firing incidents and accidents in Balochistan

At least nine individuals, including a woman, died and three others were critically wounded in firing incidents and different accidents in various...

Baloch armed group destroys cellular tower in Kalat

In the Johan Gazg area of Kalat, unknown armed men bombed a cellular tower and destroyed all its machinery, suspending mobile signals...

Balochistan: Military operations continue in Hernai and environs

The Pakistani security forces are reportedly conducting a large-scale military operation in the Harnai district and its environs for undisclosed reasons. The...