London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Pakistan Army slams social media campaign, following chopper crash

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Director General (DG) ISPR, the media wing of the Pakistani forces on Friday strongly condemned “false propaganda and insensitive comments that erupted on social media” after six senior army officials were killed in a chopper crash in Balochistan.

While talking to a Pakistani news channel, the DG ISPR, General Babar Iftikhar said “the way this happens on social media, we have to look into this and reject such elements involved in it.” 

The remarks from the military spokesperson come in the wake of “deeply insensitive” comments on social media, which Maj-Gen Iftikhar said hurt the sentiments of the families of the chopper crash victims. The ISPR stated that the “regretful social media campaign after unfortunate helicopter crash on Aug 1 has caused deep anguish and distress among the families of the slain officials, as well as the Rank and File of the Armed Forces”.

The wreckage of the Pakistan Army helicopter that went missing in Balochistan on the night of Aug 1 was found near Musa Goth in the Lasbela district a day later. All six army officials onboard  were killed including the Commander XII Corps Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali and Coast Guard Director General Brigadier Amjad Hanif Satti. The ISPR confirmed the news saying that the chopper was on a “flood relief operation” when it lost contact with the Air Traffic Control somewhere in Lasbela, Balochistan.

It is to be mentioned that the Baloch Raji Aajoi Sangar (BRAS), an umbrella organization of four Baloch pro-independence armed groups, claimed in a media statement that its fighters had shot down the military chopper. The group said that its fighters were patrolling the mountains in the Musa Goth region when they spotted the slow, low-flying chopper. They shot the chopper down and six army officers on board were killed.

The helicopter crash is still shrouded in mystery – the ISPR attributed the crash to “bad weather”. But the sources on the ground and the meteorological data confirmed that the weather that night was moderate – 10-15 mph winds with almost 10% precipitation. `while on the other hand, the BRAS claimed responsibility for downing the chopper. The group has previously carried out massive attacks on Pakistan military forces in Balochistan. 

SourceTBP

Latest News

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...

Families Allegedly Pressured to Publicly Disassociate From Relatives Linked to Armed Groups

Allegations of increased state pressure on families of individuals accused of links with armed organizations have intensified in Balochistan, with human rights...

Four Killed in Alleged CTD Encounter in Karachi as Families Claim Victims Were Previously Missing

Four young men were killed during what authorities described as a police encounter in Karachi’s Shah Latif Town area on Tuesday night,...

Mother of Forcibly Disappeared Man Dies After 14-year Wait as Quetta Protest Camp Completes 6,081st Day

An elderly woman who spent more than a decade protesting for the recovery of her forcibly disappeared son has died while still...