London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Kharan Attack: ISPR and BLF Issue Conflicting Claims After Hours-Long Clashes

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Security conditions remained tense in Kharan district of Balochistan on Friday after a large, coordinated attack a day earlier triggered hours of fighting, with the Pakistani authorities and a Baloch armed group issuing sharply conflicting accounts of what happened.

Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Sarfraz Bugti said at a press conference in Quetta that two army officers — Wing Commander Colonel Wadhan and Major Asim — were injured during the assault on Thursday. He said security forces killed 12 attackers in retaliatory action.

In a statement, the military’s media wing, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), said that “approximately fifteen to twenty terrorists” carried out multiple attacks in Kharan city, including on the city police station, the National Bank of Pakistan and Habib Bank Limited.

The statement said Rs 3.4 million was looted from the banks during the attack.

“Security forces effectively responded and engaged the terrorists, prompting them to retreat,” it said, adding that during clearance operations, “twelve terrorists were sent to hell in three different engagements”.

It said the attackers’ attempt to “create a hostage situation” at the police station was thwarted and that a “sanitisation operation” was continuing in surrounding areas.

Sources said Pakistani forces also suffered heavy casualties during the clashes, but the military did not release any figures on its own losses.

The Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF) later claimed responsibility for the attack, saying its fighters carried out a planned operation in Kharan city on the afternoon of 15 January, targeting multiple security and government installations.

In a statement, the BLF said dozens of its fighters entered the city on vehicles and motorcycles, attacked the Kharan City police station and temporarily took control of it. The group said clashes followed in which “occupying forces were forced to retreat”.

The BLF said its fighters then moved into Kharan’s main market and targeted banks and other government institutions, claiming the aim was to “paralyse the economic and administrative installations” of the state.

“Our fighters entered the main markets and targeted banks and other important government centres, causing heavy damage,” said Major Gwahram Baloch, the group’s spokesperson. “The purpose of this operation was to paralyse the economic and administrative installations of the occupying state.”

He said a detailed account of the operation would be released later.

The BLF statement neither confirmed nor denied the state’s claim that 12 attackers were killed.

Latest News

Quetta, Mastung: Three More ‘Forcibly Disappeared’, One Recovered

Three additional cases of alleged enforced disappearances have been reported from Quetta and Mastung, while another previously missing man has...

Mastung: University of Gwadar Vice Chancellor and Colleagues Recovered

The Vice Chancellor of the University of Gwadar, Professor Abdul Razzaq Sabir, along with three others who were abducted earlier this month near Mastung, have...

Kech: Man Allegedly Disappeared After Detention by Pakistani Forces

A case of alleged enforced disappearance has been reported from the Dasht Bilnagor area of Kech District, where a man is said to...

BLA Claims 25 Attacks Across Balochistan Over One Week

The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), claimed responsibility for 25 attacks carried out across different parts of Balochistan between 15 and 22 May, targeting Pakistani military forces,...

BLA Identifies Bilal Shahwani as Attacker in Quetta Train Blast

The Baloch Liberation Army said on Sunday that the attacker who carried out a deadly blast targeting a shuttle train in Quetta...