Six abandoned dead bodies in Turbat hospital identified

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

The Pakistani security forces handed over six unidentified dead bodies to the Turbat administration. However, the police have now successfully identified all six of the deceased men. They are Abdul Samad s/o Abdul Raheem, a resident of Awaran, Shamir s/o Shakar, resident of Tajaban, Javed s/o Badal, resident of Kolwah, Asmi s/o Dilwash, resident of Dandar, Arif s/o Ali Baksh, resident of Awaran, and Ali s/o Bijjar, resident of Awaran.

According to the police, the dead bodies were brought from the headquarters of FC Balochistan South. There is speculation that the forces were conducting a military operation in Kech and Awaran, as military choppers and unmanned drones were seen circulating the area, in addition to large cadres of ground forces. The forces had also claimed to have killed five individuals in a shootout after they opened fire on the forces’ checkpoint in Hoshab.

The identification of the deceased men provides some closure to their families, who may have been searching for them. However, this incident highlights the ongoing conflict in Balochistan, which has resulted in the loss of many lives and left families grieving.

The Turbat levies confirmed that the Pakistani security forces had handed over the six dead bodies to them. It is unclear why the security forces handed over the dead bodies to the Turbat administration.

The Pakistani security officials claimed in a press release that the deceased men were “insurgents” who were killed when they attacked the forces’ checkpost in Hoshab. The ISPR, Pakistani army’s media wing, said that the alleged insurgents were pushed into the nearby mountains of Balore. They were surrounded in their hideout and killed after a heavy gun fight, the press release claimed.

“Army Aviation tactical surveillance drones were utilised and the terrorists were tracked until they reached their hideouts”, ISPR said, confirming that drones and choppers had been used in the mountainous terrain.

“5 terrorists have been successfully eliminated so far, and an additional small number of fleeing militants are currently being pursued”, ISPR said.

Latest News

Lasbela: Transporters Protest Against Coast Guard’s Extortion

On Wednesday, transporters in Balochistan established a protest camp in Uthal to voice their grievances against the...

Kalat: Residents Protest Over Gas and Electricity Shortages Amid Severe Cold

Residents of Kalat, including women and children, have taken to the streets in protest against the severe shortages of gas and electricity...

Sindhi Activists End Five-Day Protest Against Father’s Killing; Call For Rallies

The daughters of Hidayat Lohar, a Sindhi nationalist who was killed by unknown assailants, ended their five-day protest on Wednesday after holding...

Khuzdar: Family Protests Against Forced Marriage of 15-Year-Old Girl

In Khuzdar, a family has staged a protest blocking the road outside the Assistant Commissioner's Office in Naal, demanding action against Younus...

Military Operation Launched in Bolan and Environs, Helicopter Shelling and Mortar Fire Reported

In a major military operation, the Pakistan Army has initiated operations in the regions of Bolan and its suburbs in Balochistan. Helicopter...