Three employees associated with a mineral extraction company were found dead in Balochistan’s Chagai district on Sunday, days after they were reportedly abducted by unidentified armed men, according to local sources.
The bodies were recovered from the Chahter area near a roadside and reportedly bore gunshot wounds. The victims were identified as Zaheer Ahmed and Waseem, both residents of Sargodha, and Mohammad Afzal, a resident of Chiniot. All three were said to be from Punjab province and affiliated with the mining company MCC.
According to reports, the men had been abducted several days earlier by unidentified individuals. No group has claimed responsibility for the killings, and the circumstances surrounding the incident remain unclear.
In a separate incident in the same district, unidentified armed men reportedly attacked vehicles involved in a road construction project. Local sources said several vehicles connected to the construction work were targeted, causing fear and panic in the area.
No casualties were immediately reported in the road construction attack.
Pakistani law enforcement agencies have reportedly launched investigations into both incidents. Pakistani authorities had not issued a detailed public statement at the time of reporting.
Chagai district, which borders Iran and Afghanistan, hosts several major mining and infrastructure projects and has witnessed repeated attacks in recent years targeting Pakistani armed forces, labourers, transport convoys and companies linked to extraction projects.
Various armed groups operating in Balochistan have previously opposed state-backed infrastructure and mining initiatives, arguing that local communities do not benefit from the natural resources.





























