London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

BYC Calls for International Attention After Journalist Javed Baloch Receives Death Threats

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

A spokesperson for the Baloch Yekjehti Committee (BYC) has raised alarm over a serious death threat received by prominent Gwadar-based journalist Javed Baloch, also known as Javed MB. According to the statement, Javed has long been known for his fearless reporting on environmental issues, human rights violations, and political injustices in Balochistan — subjects often overlooked by Pakistan’s mainstream media.

Javed Baloch is a senior journalist and the writer and editor of Gwadar-based news outlet “Gwadar-e-Tawar”, which covers news stories from Gwadar and across Balochistan. Javed had recently received serious life threats due to his reporting of some of the most critical issues facing Balochistan today.

The BYC statement said that the threat reportedly came via a phone call from a man identifying himself as “Irfan,” who claimed to be associated with the Pakistan Coast Guards (PCG). Verified local sources allege that the caller is linked to Pakistan’s intelligence agencies. The BYC emphasized that this is not an isolated incident but part of a broader pattern of harassment, intimidation, and violence against journalists in the region.

Javed’s case follows closely on the heels of another incident involving a Barkhan-based journalist who had gone missing last month and was released on Sunday after a wave of public pressure. That journalist, Asif Karim Khetran, had also reported being harassed by security officials prior to his disappearance — a reflection of the deepening risks faced by those covering sensitive issues in the province.

The BYC statement said threats like these represent a grave violation of journalists’ fundamental rights, particularly the right to free expression as outlined in Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), to which Pakistan is a signatory.

The group urged the United Nations Human Rights Council, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), and international press freedom watchdogs including the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ), Reporters Without Borders (RSF), and the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) to take immediate notice of the threat against Javed Baloch.

The statement also called on both domestic and international organizations working for press freedom and journalist safety to extend support and protection to Javed and to advocate for structural reforms that ensure the safety of reporters operating in conflict-affected areas like Balochistan.

“Silencing critical voices through threats and violence is a direct attack on truth, accountability, and democratic values,” the statement said, urging that journalist protection be treated as an urgent priority.

Latest News

Family Protests in Karachi After Missing Student Allegedly Killed in Fake Encounter

Families of Baloch missing persons staged a protest outside the Karachi Press Club against what they described...

CTD Claims Six Killed in Barkhan Operation as Families Identify Some as Previously Missing Persons

The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has claimed that six armed individuals were killed during an intelligence-based operation in Barkhan, while all security...

BLA Media Wing Releases Details Five More Members Killed in Second Phase of ‘Operation Herof’

The media wing of the Baloch “pro-independence” group Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), known as Hakkal, has released photographs and biographical details of...

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement restrictions across the city, according...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...