London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Altaf Hussain ordered the killing of Imran Farooq – Pakistani court

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

An anti-terrorism court in Pakistan ruled that founder of Muttahida Qaumi Movement Altaf Hussain ordered the killing of fellow party leader Dr Imran Farooq in the UK in 2010.

Farooq was found dead outside his Green Lane house in north London in September 2010, a month after another senior MQM leader, Raza Haidar, was assassinated in Karachi.

In the high-profile case’s judgment on Thursday, Islamabad-based Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) Judge Shahrukh Arjumand said it was “proved that Altaf Hussain had ordered the killing of Dr Imran Farooq”.

The court handed life imprisonment and fine of Rs 2 million on convicted men Khalid Shamim, Mohsin Ali and Moazzam Ali. It further directed them to pay Rs 1 million each to the deceased’s family.

The court declared Altaf Hussain, Iftikhar Hussain, Mohammad Anwar and Kashif Kamran as absconders for not appearing during the trial.

The judge said the absconders should be traced, arrested and brought before the court as soon as possible.”

The court said Moazzam Ali and Khalid Shamim engaged Mohsin Ali and Kashif Kamran to kill Farooq.

They went to London from Karachi where they were facilitated by the MQM leadership to carry out the killing.

“The act of abettors and executors was preconceived with a design to intimidate and overawe the public in general and workers of the MQM in particular so that in the future no one can raise (their) voice against Altaf Hussain, according to the judgment.

The British High Commissioner to Pakistan Dr Christian Turner said the conviction “marked a team effort between law agencies in the UK and Pakistan working together to get justice for the murder of Dr Imran Farooq”.

He said that the conviction came about after a “ground-breaking piece of collaboration” between the two countries, which allowed evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police to be shared with the Pakistani prosecutors and be presented as part of their case and used in the successful prosecution of Mohsin Ali Syed.

The hearing went on for years due to non-availability of evidence. British officials were apprehensive as they believed the accused may be given a death sentence, according to official sources.

However, the two governments continued to engage and vital proof was shared with the court. The trial concluded last month.

The case was registered by the Federal Investigation Agency in 2015 against Altaf Hussain for allegedly ordering the murder. Khalid Shamim, Mohsin Ali and Moazzam Ali were nominated in the matter.

Hussain fled Pakistan in 1992 and has been living in the UK ever since. Farooq left Pakistan in 1999 after he was named in a number of court cases.

The Karachi-based MQM was formed in the early 1980s with the objective to fight for the rights of the city’s Urdu-speaking people. However, the party was soon involved in violent activities.

Farooq was among the members funding the party’s activities. He was killed at a time when his name started to feature in the party’s senior-most levels

Latest News

Family Protests in Karachi After Missing Student Allegedly Killed in Fake Encounter

Families of Baloch missing persons staged a protest outside the Karachi Press Club against what they described...

CTD Claims Six Killed in Barkhan Operation as Families Identify Some as Previously Missing Persons

The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has claimed that six armed individuals were killed during an intelligence-based operation in Barkhan, while all security...

BLA Media Wing Releases Details Five More Members Killed in Second Phase of ‘Operation Herof’

The media wing of the Baloch “pro-independence” group Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), known as Hakkal, has released photographs and biographical details of...

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement restrictions across the city, according...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...