Pashtun leaders once again denied entry into Balochistan

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Pashtun leader and Member of Pakistan National Assembly, Mohsin Dawar, said he was stopped from entering Balochistan, again. Taking to Twitter, the Dawar said that he and Afrasiab Khattak were unceremoniously stopped from entering Balochistan, and their flight was rerouted to the federal capital Islamabad.

Mohsin Dawar was reportedly travelling to Quetta to participate in the provincial conference of his party when he was not allowed to set foot in Balochistan and his flight was diverted to Islamabad. Dawar said that some elements were “making noise” over the announcement of his travel to Balochistan. He said the airlines had made “lame excuses” over diverting the flight. “Troll brigades had been campaigning for us to be stopped since yesterday”, Dawar wrote.

Pashtun leader Afrasiab Khattak said they were not allowed to book another flight for tomorrow. He said that people imposing bans on travelling to Balochistan must contemplate the consequences of leaving the people of Balochistan alone in an “atmosphere of terror.”

It should be noted that this is not the first time that the Pashtun leader has been stopped from travelling from Balochistan. He was stopped several times in the past few years on the pretext of “security.” In September 2020, Dawar was barred from leaving the airport after landing in Quetta. The airport security had told him that he had been banned from entering Balochistan for 90 days “in the best interest of public peace and safety”.

A month later, Dawar was once again not allowed entry into Balochistan and barred from leaving the airport after landing in the provincial capital. Dawar said that he had been “detained at Quetta airport” along with a friend. “Once again our rights are being violated by state above state,” he wrote. “I am told its because of security risks. Why are these risks limited to me only? We refuse to be silenced like this. We will not be intimidated”, he tweeted.

Also read: PTM remains under fire; Pakistani court orders to block NICs of Pashteen, Dawar

The Interior Ministry of Pakistan announced in November 2021 that the three Pashtun Tahaffuz Movement leaders – Moshin Dawar, Manzoor Pashteen and Ali Wazir – were banned from entering Balochistan for three months.

SourceTBP

Latest News

CTD slammed over ‘false claims’ of killing Baloch fighters

Baloch “pro-independence” groups and human rights activists have slammed the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) for what they called...

Balochistan: Military operation continues in Kech

Pakistani security forces are reportedly carrying out a military operation in Balochistan’s district Kech, local sources have said. The ground forces, assisted...

Pakistan’s largest bank, HBL, faces terror financing charges in US

Pakistan’s largest banking network, Habib Bank Limited (HBL), is facing secondary liabilities in a terror financing case in the United States in...

Karachi: Sindhi separatist outfit booked for attack on Chinese nationals

The Karachi police on Thursday registered a first information report against the Sindhudesh People’s Army, an armed Sindhi separatist group, for attacking...

Mehrgarh museum inaugurated in Quetta

Balochistan Chief Minister Abdul Quddus Bizejo inaugurated the newly constructed Mrhgargh museum on Sariab Road in Quetta on Wednesday, vowing that the...