Kahan: Another military post falls to armed assailants, BLA claims responsibility

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Unknown armed assailants captured a military outpost of Pakistani paramilitary force FC in Kahan, Kohlu on Wednesday evening. Pakistani military authorities have confirmed heavy casualties in the attack, whereas, BLA has claimed it was behind the assault.

According to details, two outposts of Pakistani military were attacked on Wednesday evening in Jamak and Kotri area of Kahan. In the fierce attack at least 5 personnel including a Havaldar were killed, while several others were injured.

The outpost in Kotri was later captured by the armed assailants. The attackers also took away all the ammunition and weapons belonging to FC and set ablaze the outpost.

The outpost in Jamak also suffered heavy losses.

Pakistani military confirmed the attack on 84 Wing, Khan Zaman post and said 4 personnel including a Havaldar were killed, whereas, two others were injured.

Those killed in the attack have been identified as Havaldar Akbar and soldiers Kashif, Munawar Khan and Hazrat Bilal.

According to reliable sources, at least 5 dead bodies and 6 injured personnel were brought to the district head quarter hospital in Kohlu.

Pakistani military started a large-scale combing operation in the area this morning. Multiple gunship helicopters were spotted in the area, whereas, a large number of ground troops were also seen.

BLA’s claim

Armed “pro-independence” group Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), has claimed responsibility for yesterday’s attack, saying its fighters were behind the attack.

In a media statement, BLA’s spokesperson Jeeyand Baloch claimed that several personnel of Pakistani military were killed and injured in the attack.

This is the second such attack by BLA in a short span of time. Earlier on 26th December, the armed group claimed responsibility for an attack on a forward operating base of Pakistani military in Shahrag, Bolan. The base was fully captured by BLA fighters during the attack, a video of which was also released recently by the group.

At least 7 personnel of Pakistani forces were killed in December’s attack. BLA claimed the total number of killed personnel was 9.

Latest News

CTD is killing Baloch missing persons in fake encounters – Mama Qadeer

The Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP) completed 4353 days of protest in front of the Quetta...

Mourning and shutdowns as Senator Usman Kakar laid to rest in Muslim Bagh

Pashtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) leader and former Senator Usman Kakar was laid to rest in his hometown, Muslim Bagh, on Wednesday...

Two students, including a minor forcibly disappeared from Kech

Pakistani forces have allegedly detained a student from Kech district of Balochistan, on Monday night. According to reports, last...

Quetta: CTD claims to have killed a “terrorist” in the counter

The Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) claimed that it has killed a suspected terrorist in Quetta’s Sariab road area. Forces conducted an intelligence-based operation...

BNM organizes demonstration in UK against the ‘enforced disappearance’ of Dr. Deen Muhammad Baloch

Balochistan National Movement (BNM) said in a recent media statement that its activists and workers organized a demonstration in the United Kingdom...