Two brothers were allegedly detained by the Pakistani security forces in a raid in Lehri area of Sibi district, Balochistan, and were subsequently relocated to an undisclosed location.
According to the details, Khan Mohd Domki and Gulbahar Domki, sons of Mohd Umar, were detained by the forces in a raid in Sibi, on Thursday. The forces reportedly stormed the houses, manhandled the women and children, and vandalized their possessions. The forces then moved the detainees to an unknown location.
According to the eyewitnesses, the security forces, dressed in plainclothes, blindfolded the two brothers, exercised aggression on them and then took them away. The locals have no information about the whereabouts and the condition of the detainees so far.
It is pertinent to mention that enforced disappearances are still rampant throughout Balochistan. Within a span of a week, at least eight persons went missing from Harnai, Quetta, Sibi and other areas of Balochistan.
In Quetta, meanwhile, the Voice for Baloch Missing Persons is carrying out its 4000-day long historical protest undeterred. Mama Qadeer, the Vice Chairman of the VBMP, denies the claims that the enforced disappearances have dwindled in Balochistan. He says that the ‘state institutions’ make up for the release of a single missing person by abducting 10 others. This, he says, is incrementally accelerating the number of missing persons in Balochistan.