London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

BYC Leaders’ Hearing Held Inside Jail, Group Condemns ‘Institutionalised Repression’

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

The latest hearing in the case against Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) chief Dr Mahrang Baloch and other detained leaders was held inside Quetta District Jail instead of the Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC), it emerged on Sunday, with the group describing the move as a “disturbing display of institutionalised repression.”

In a statement posted on social media platform X, the BYC said the judicial remand of the detained leaders had been extended for another ten days.

Dr Mahrang and other BYC leaders, Sibghatullah Baloch, Beebow Baloch, Beebarg Baloch and Gulzadi Baloch, were arrested under the Maintenance of Public Order (MPO) ordinance in March and have remained in custody since, with their remand extended multiple times.

The group said that holding court hearings inside prisons was part of a deliberate effort “to suppress transparency, eliminate public oversight, and criminalise peaceful political dissent in Balochistan.”

“By moving proceedings behind prison walls, the state is effectively barring affected families, journalists, and independent observers from monitoring the process,” the statement read. “This is a clear violation of Pakistan’s own constitution and international principles of fair trial and due process.”

Advocate Israr Baloch, who represents Dr Mahrang, confirmed that the hearing took place on Saturday and was presided over by Judge Muhammad Ali Mubeen of Anti-Terrorism Court No. 1 (ATC-1).

He said that instead of presenting the BYC leaders in court, the legal team was summoned to Quetta District Jail, where the proceedings were conducted.

“During the hearing, the prosecutor failed to submit the challan, due to which formal charges could not be framed and the trial could not begin,” he said.

The next hearing has been adjourned until 18 October, with the judge directing the prosecution to submit the challan by that date.

Latest News

HRCB Report Says Human Rights Violations Increased Sharply in Balochistan During 2025

The Human Rights Council of Balochistan (HRCB) has released a report alleging a significant deterioration in the...

BLA Claims Pishin Attack After Police Station Blown Up, Government Offices Torched

Armed fighters blew up a police station, set fire to government offices and briefly detained police officers after entering a town in...

Five Bodies Brought to Panjgur Hospital, Two Identified

Five bodies were brought to the District Teaching Hospital in Panjgur late on 19 August, hospital sources said, with two of the...

Highway Blockades Continue Across Balochistan; Bridge Destroyed, Vehicles Seized and Forces Attacked

Armed fighters reportedly set up blockades, seized commercial vehicles and disrupted traffic on major highways in Kalat, Mastung, Kharan, Chagai and Washuk...

Two Women and Two Children Reportedly Forcibly Disappeared in Quetta

Two women and two young children from the same family were detained during a raid in Quetta and have remained missing since,...