London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Quetta Blast: Six Political Parties Call for Complete Strike Across Balochistan

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Six political parties have announced a complete wheel-jam and shutter-down strike across Balochistan on 8 September to protest against the suicide bombing that targeted a BNP-M rally in Quetta earlier this week.

At least 15 people were killed and 38 injured in the blast at Shahwani Stadium on Tuesday. The rally was organised to mark the fourth death anniversary of Sardar Ataullah Mengal, a veteran nationalist leader and founder of the Balochistan National Party-Mengal (BNP-M).

The strike was announced at a joint press conference in Quetta on Thursday by Pashtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) chairman Mehmood Khan Achakzai, BNP-M chief Sardar Akhtar Mengal, and leaders of the Awami National Party (ANP), National Party, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and Majlis Wahdat-ul-Muslimeen.

The parties said highways, markets, government offices, railway stations and routes to airports would be closed. They urged transporters, passengers, government employees, students and farmers to refrain from travel and suspend normal activities.

Party leaders said senior figures, including Mr Achakzai and Mr Mengal, had miraculously remained safe, and described the suicide bombing as an attempt to “silence Balochistan’s collective voice”.

BNP-M chief Sardar Akhtar Mengal called the blast “a wound for all of Balochistan”. He said victims had been chanting slogans, not carrying weapons, before the explosion.

He asked why state institutions “never know where suicide attackers come from”, recalling that no lessons had been learned since the killing of Nawab Akbar Bugti in 2006.

“It was the responsibility of the government and its state institutions to provide protection,” Mr Mengal added. “Instead, they are the ones who storm homes, snatch headscarves from women, drag away sons by their hair in front of their mothers, blindfold them, and take them away in vehicles.”

PkMAP leader Mr Achakzai said he had been unable to comprehend the purpose of the attack. “If the objective was to eliminate the entire political leadership, what benefit would that bring to Pakistan?” he asked.

He said his party would continue its democratic and political struggle. “We are no one’s slaves; here there are neither masters nor servants,” he declared.

He added that the first right over resources belonged to provinces and their people, and warned that if the state failed to find the perpetrators, “its institutions will be held accountable for our killings”.

Announcing the protest for 8 September, Mr Achakzai said: “If we had wished to exploit public emotions that night, our workers could have set fire to police stations and government offices across Balochistan. Instead, we chose a peaceful and effective political response. On 8 September, trains, airports, wheels and shutters will all come to a standstill.”

Latest News

BLA Circulates Video of Captured Pakistani Soldiers Calling on Authorities as Deadline Nears

The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) has released a video showing Pakistani Army personnel reportedly in its custody, amid an...

Nineteen More Baloch Individuals ‘Forcibly Disappeared’ in Karachi and Balochistan

The series of enforced disappearances targeting Baloch youth has continued, with Nineteen more people reportedly taken into custody by Pakistani forces in...

Baloch Armed Groups Claim Responsibility for Multiple Attacks in Balochistan

Two Baloch armed groups have claimed responsibility for a series of attacks in different areas of Balochistan, according to statements issued to...

Amma Hoori’s Grief — TBP Editorial

Amma Hoori’s entire life was lived under the shadow of state repression. She and her family were among the thousands of Baloch...

Family Protests in Karachi After Missing Student Allegedly Killed in Fake Encounter

Families of Baloch missing persons staged a protest outside the Karachi Press Club against what they described as a “fake encounter,” alleging...