15 personnel of the Pakistan army while 3 members of the Baloch Liberation Army were killed in the Bolan operation, BLA statement on Thursday said.
According to a “pro-independence” armed group BLA, its fighters have successfully “repulsed a major Pakistani military attack” during a week long intense operation in Bolan area of Balochistan. The group said that fifteen soldiers of the Pakistan army were killed and more than a dozen were injured during the operation. “Three brave comrades of BLA embraced martyrdom, by following the philosophy of using the last bullet on themselves while defending the motherland,” the group said.
In a statement released to the media, BLA’s spokesperson Jeeyand Baloch said the Pakistani forces initiated a major attack against Baloch freedom fighters on 31 October 2022 in Kamaan, Uch Kamaan, Gumbadi, Darag, Peerani Pirah, Yakho, Thakri and adjoining areas of Bolan and Harnai. “The enemy forces disconnected all land routes to the area and used fighter jets, gunship helicopters, military drones, and their elite commandos during the attack,” Jeeyand Baloch stated.
The group said that their fighters were already prepared for resistance. Hence, dozens of ambushes finally repulsed the army and forced them to leave the area. BLA also claimed that “the retreating enemy forces used local shepherds and women and children as human shields.”
“In several BLA attacks, 15 enemy personnel, including 8 SSG commandos, were eliminated and more than a dozen were injured. Several temporary camps and supply sources for the enemy forces were also destroyed. After exemplary resistance by Baloch freedom fighters, the enemy forces were repulsed on the eighth day,”BLA statement read.
It further said that “three freedom fighters of BLA embraced martyrdom with their own last bullets during the defence of the motherland.” BLA identified its slain fighters as Dur Mohammad Sumalani alias Rosto, Meshdaar Sumalani alias Naseebullah and Khair Baksh Sumalani alias Fareed. BLA spokesperson said that all three BLA soldiers had joined the group four years ago. The group admired their bravery and vowed that it will avenge the “fallen comrades in form of achieving their objective of a free Balochistan.”
It is to be mentioned that at the beginning of the military operation, The Pakistan army’s media wing ISPR confirmed the launch of the operation and the death of its two soldiers in clashes with Baloch fighters. Since then Pakistani forces have not disclosed any more information regarding the operation in Bolan.