London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Pakistan Army slams social media campaign, following chopper crash

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Director General (DG) ISPR, the media wing of the Pakistani forces on Friday strongly condemned “false propaganda and insensitive comments that erupted on social media” after six senior army officials were killed in a chopper crash in Balochistan.

While talking to a Pakistani news channel, the DG ISPR, General Babar Iftikhar said “the way this happens on social media, we have to look into this and reject such elements involved in it.” 

The remarks from the military spokesperson come in the wake of “deeply insensitive” comments on social media, which Maj-Gen Iftikhar said hurt the sentiments of the families of the chopper crash victims. The ISPR stated that the “regretful social media campaign after unfortunate helicopter crash on Aug 1 has caused deep anguish and distress among the families of the slain officials, as well as the Rank and File of the Armed Forces”.

The wreckage of the Pakistan Army helicopter that went missing in Balochistan on the night of Aug 1 was found near Musa Goth in the Lasbela district a day later. All six army officials onboard  were killed including the Commander XII Corps Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali and Coast Guard Director General Brigadier Amjad Hanif Satti. The ISPR confirmed the news saying that the chopper was on a “flood relief operation” when it lost contact with the Air Traffic Control somewhere in Lasbela, Balochistan.

It is to be mentioned that the Baloch Raji Aajoi Sangar (BRAS), an umbrella organization of four Baloch pro-independence armed groups, claimed in a media statement that its fighters had shot down the military chopper. The group said that its fighters were patrolling the mountains in the Musa Goth region when they spotted the slow, low-flying chopper. They shot the chopper down and six army officers on board were killed.

The helicopter crash is still shrouded in mystery – the ISPR attributed the crash to “bad weather”. But the sources on the ground and the meteorological data confirmed that the weather that night was moderate – 10-15 mph winds with almost 10% precipitation. `while on the other hand, the BRAS claimed responsibility for downing the chopper. The group has previously carried out massive attacks on Pakistan military forces in Balochistan. 

SourceTBP

Latest News

‘Situation Slipping Out of Sarfraz Bugti’s Hands,’ Warns Senator Kamran Murtaza

Senior lawyer, senator, and Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI) leader Kamran Murtaza has warned that the political situation in...

Punjab: Families of Soldiers Killed in Jaffar Express Attack Hold Protest

In the city of Multan, Punjab, families of Pakistani soldiers killed during the hijacking of the Jaffar Express train by the Baloch...

Mengal Announces March on Quetta for April 6

The Balochistan National Party-Mengal (BNP-M) has announced a march on Quetta on April 6 to demand the release of Dr Mahrang Baloch...

BLF Claims Responsibility for Attacks in Kharan and Bolan

The Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF) has claimed responsibility for two separate attacks targeting a telecommunications tower and Pakistani paramilitary forces in Balochistan’s...

Balochistan University Student ‘Forcibly Disappeared’ by Pakistani Forces in Hub Chowki

Pakistani security forces have allegedly detained a student of the University of Balochistan, Quetta, from Hub Chowki and moved him to...