London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Despite Interpol warning, Pakistan allows suspicious ship to berth

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

A ship containing dangerous materials has arrived at Gadani ship breaking yard in Balochistan, despite clear warnings by Interpol.

According to reports, Interpol had asked Pakistan and its Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to not allow the ship into the country which contains 1,500 tonnes of mercury-mixed oil. The ship was denied permission by India and Bangladesh to berth, but Pakistan allowed it to enter its waters despite the clear warning by Interpol.

The ship was not allowed by the Bangladeshi and Indian authorities due to the dangerous substance aboard it which poses a serious threat to the environment.

According to the report published in The News; “The owners of the ship had succeeded to bring it to Gadani after obtaining permission from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) without getting the required approval from [the] concerned departments.”

Mercury-mixed oil sludge is being removed from the ship and filled in drums for sale. Workers have complained of severe burning and rashes on their hands and face and breathing difficulties.

After the news broke and Pakistani authorities were being question, the Balochistan government ordered an inquiry into the arrival of the ship loaded with dangerous materials.

“Government has formed a committee to probe into the arrival of the ship”, Liaquat Shahwani, the Spokesman for Balochistan government said.

“We stopped all operational activities after receiving a letter from the ministry of climate change:, Imran Kakar, an officer of the Environmental Protection Agency(EPA) said.

The ship anchored at Gidani shipyard on 30th of April and work was underway to dismantle it. The EPA on Wednesday stopped work on its breaking and sealed the dock. As per the reports, the ship was coming from Indonesia.

SourceTBP

Latest News

Five Bodies Recovered in Hub, Khuzdar, Surab and Kharan

The bodies of five individuals have been recovered from different areas of Balochistan, according to local authorities...

Voice for Baloch Missing Persons Says Social Media Accounts Have Been Suspended

Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP), an organisation that campaigns against enforced disappearances in Balochistan, has reported the suspension of several of...

Eight People Reportedly Disappeared in Balochistan and Karachi; Four Recovered in Quetta

Eight people have allegedly been forcibly disappeared from Chagai, Quetta and Karachi, while four people who were previously subjected to alleged enforced...

Four Men “Forcibly Disappeared” in Kech District

File Photo Four men have allegedly been forcibly disappeared after being detained by Pakistani forces in Nehing River, Tump,...

BLF Claims 23 Attacks Across Balochistan; BRG Says It Damaged Railway Track in Jacobabad

Two Baloch armed groups have claimed responsibility for a series of attacks in Balochistan and neighbouring Sindh, alleging casualties among Pakistani security...