The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) has claimed responsibility for 22 attacks across Balochistan over an eight-day period, saying 26 Pakistani military and government-backed armed personnel were killed and several others wounded.
In a statement issued by its spokesperson, Jeeyand Baloch, the group said its fighters targeted Pakistani military personnel, government-backed armed militias, police stations, security posts, infrastructure and commercial vehicles between August 9 and 15.
There has been no immediate comprehensive official response from Pakistani authorities to the BLA’s account.
According to the statement, three commercial vehicles were seized on August 9 at Nok Chah on the Quetta-Taftan trade route in Chagai. The same night, the group claimed to have detained personnel of the police’s Eagle Squad on Qambrani Road in Quetta and seized their weapons and equipment.
On August 10, the BLA said its fighters detained police personnel at Zomi on the main highway in Kharan and subsequently destroyed the associated post with explosives. It said the personnel were later released after being warned.
On August 11, the group claimed an attack on a location it described as belonging to a government-backed armed group in Sorap, in the Buleda area of Kech. It said the group’s alleged leader, Muslim Jeeyand, was killed and four others were wounded, while another person was detained.
On August 12, the BLA claimed responsibility for destroying the Chehtar police station in Chagai with explosives and attacking military vehicles at Bartagzi. It also said three commercial vehicles were targeted at Yakmachh Bazaar, with two reportedly disabled and another seized.
The group further claimed that an improvised explosive device (IED) attack on a Pakistani military convoy in Rodenjo, Kalat, killed 17 personnel and wounded several others, while two military vehicles were damaged. It separately claimed an IED attack on a military vehicle in Surab killed three personnel and wounded several others.
On August 13, the BLA said one police officer was wounded in a grenade attack on the police lines in Chitkan, Panjgur. It also claimed to have destroyed surveillance and night-vision cameras in Gilli, Buleda, and said a quadcopter used for aerial surveillance was shot down. The group further claimed responsibility for setting fire to a commercial vehicle in Talu, Chagai, and an attack on Pakistani military personnel at Badal Karez Cross in Nushki, in which it said two personnel were killed.
On August 14, the group claimed an IED attack on a military convoy in Turbat, saying one vehicle was destroyed and three personnel were killed while four others were wounded. It also claimed to have fired several grenades at a government event near Agriculture Colony in Quetta and attacked a military camp in Ahmadwal, Nushki, with heavy weapons. The BLA also claimed that two commercial vehicles were disabled in Bartagzi, Chagai, and that a railway track was damaged by an explosion at Jojki.
On August 15, the group claimed that two military posts and a bridge near Mal Madrassa in Surab were destroyed with explosives.
The BLA also described fighting in Chedgi, Panjgur, which it said began on August 10 when Pakistani troops advanced into the area. According to the group, its fighters engaged the troops in a prolonged clash, during which two BLA members, identified as Wazir Ahmed, also known as Zahid, and Jasim, also known as Meraj, were killed.
The statement further alleged that three previously missing Baloch men detained by Pakistani authorities were killed in a staged encounter following the fighting in Chedgi. The BLA identified them as Hafiz Mudassir, reportedly missing since June 15, 2026; Shoaib, reportedly abducted on February 8, 2023; and Peer Jan, reportedly taken on June 10, 2026. The group alleged that the three men had been held in detention facilities before being killed and presented as casualties of the Chedgi clash.
The BLA also alleged that Pakistani military aircraft carried out an aerial bombardment of the Gidar’s Goandhan area of Surab on August 12, killing 27 civilians, including women, children and elderly people.
“Baloch Liberation Army makes it clear that the bloodshed of Baloch civilians, the extrajudicial killing of detainees and the bombing of civilian populations will be answered on the battlefield, and this struggle will continue with greater intensity and strength until the establishment of an independent Balochistan,” the statement read.




























