The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under state patronage, as reports of recovered bodies and alleged extrajudicial killings continue to emerge from several areas of Balochistan.
In a statement, the committee said Faraz s/o Bahadur, a resident of Koshkalat in Tump, was killed after being targeted by what it described as a state-backed armed group, locally known as a “death squad.” The organization claimed such groups are being used to suppress dissenting voices and intimidate young people across the region.
According to the statement, the absence of effective action against these groups has allowed them to operate with impunity, allegedly engaging in harassment, blackmail, and threats against families.
The BYC described Faraz as a hardworking young man and a skilled embroidery designer who supported his family through his craft. His killing, the committee said, reflects a growing pattern in which young people are being targeted amid an increasingly tense security environment.
The organization further linked the incident to what it called a broader human rights crisis, citing repeated reports of mutilated and bullet-riddled bodies being recovered in different districts. Families, it said, are living in fear as incidents of targeted killings continue to surface.
The committee urged the United Nations Security Council and the International Criminal Court to take immediate notice of the situation and hold Pakistan accountable for alleged human rights violations. It said enforced disappearances and extrajudicial killings require concrete action rather than statements alone.
More Bodies Recovered in Panjgur
Meanwhile, reports of bodies being discovered in Panjgur continued on Monday, with local sources stating that another body was found near the Panjgur gas plant along the CPEC road. The body was shifted to a hospital for identification.
A day earlier, two bodies were recovered from the Shapatan area of Panjgur and later identified as Jangian s/o Abdul Rasheed and a resident of Parom, and Saeed s/o Moladad from Katagari Gwargo.
Local reports indicate that multiple incidents involving targeted killings and deaths of previously detained individuals have been documented in Panjgur in recent days.
According to compiled accounts cited by the BYC, several alleged extrajudicial killings were reported this year, including driver Karim Jan on February 1, Jasim Jan on February 3, Pazeer Baloch on February 7, Nawab Abdullah on February 14, and Jangian Baloch on February 15.
Earlier, on January 13, the body of Zohaib s/o Muhammad Azam, who had allegedly been subjected to enforced disappearance from Washbod in Panjgur, was recovered.
Similar cases have also been reported from Duki, where two individuals previously subjected to enforced disappearance were later found dead during the first two months of the year. Among them was 20-year-old farmer Muhammad Fareed Baloch, whose tortured body was recovered on February 6, 2026. According to family claims cited by rights groups, he had been taken into custody from his home on June 4, 2025.
The body of Muhammad Anwar Baloch, who had also been missing since June 2025, was recovered on January 4.
Commenting on the recent incidents, the BYC said the increasing recovery of bodies in Panjgur and other areas forms part of what it described as serious and ongoing human rights violations in Balochistan.
The organization alleged that enforced disappearances, unlawful detention, torture, and extrajudicial killings have assumed the character of a systematic policy affecting civilians, including farmers, laborers, and youth.
Citing international legal frameworks, the committee said such actions violate Articles 6 and 9 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) as well as Article 33 of the Fourth Geneva Convention.
The BYC called on the United Nations, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, and other international organizations to initiate independent investigations into enforced disappearances and alleged extrajudicial killings, ensure accountability for those responsible, and support affected families in seeking justice.
It added that continued international silence, in its view, risks enabling the persistence of such incidents.





























