London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Pakistan Turns to ADB for Rail Upgrade Connecting Reko Diq to Karachi After Chinese Financing Delays

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has agreed to finance upgrades to Pakistan’s ageing railway system after prolonged delays in Chinese funding, raising concerns over the future of a key mining project, Reuters reported on Friday.

The $2 billion upgrade of a 500-km section of the Karachi–Rohri line was originally part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), the centrepiece of Beijing’s Belt and Road Initiative in Pakistan. But a decade of negotiations with China failed to secure financing for the broader $60 billion programme’s single biggest project.

Two sources told Reuters that the ADB is now in advanced talks to lead a consortium that will fund the upgrade and bring in an international contractor through a competitive bidding process. The announcement is expected later this month.

Officials said the project has become urgent because the line is needed to transport copper ore from the Reko Diq mine in Balochistan, being developed by Canada’s Barrick Gold. “We will have a crisis. How will you evacuate output from Reko Diq? The exhausted line will come under even more pressure,” one senior government official warned.

Earlier this week, the ADB also announced $410 million in financing for Reko Diq itself, and its president is scheduled to visit Islamabad next week. The mine, one of the world’s largest untapped copper deposits, is expected to begin production in 2028 and generate an estimated $70 billion in free cash flow over its lifespan.

China rolled out power plants, roads, and port facilities after the 2015 launch of CPEC, but momentum has since slowed amid mounting Pakistani debt, repeated rescheduling of loans, and worsening security in Balochistan, where Chinese projects and workers have increasingly been targeted.

Baloch armed groups have long opposed foreign investment in the region, describing it as exploitation of local resources. The Baloch Raaji Aajoi Sangar (BRAS), an alliance of “pro-independence” armed groups, warned in a recent statement that “no foreign power will be allowed to exploit Baloch resources in collaboration with Pakistan.” The group said such projects were “unacceptable under any circumstances” and threatened to target any company or investor working with the Pakistani state.

Latest News

Family Protests in Karachi After Missing Student Allegedly Killed in Fake Encounter

Families of Baloch missing persons staged a protest outside the Karachi Press Club against what they described...

CTD Claims Six Killed in Barkhan Operation as Families Identify Some as Previously Missing Persons

The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has claimed that six armed individuals were killed during an intelligence-based operation in Barkhan, while all security...

BLA Media Wing Releases Details Five More Members Killed in Second Phase of ‘Operation Herof’

The media wing of the Baloch “pro-independence” group Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), known as Hakkal, has released photographs and biographical details of...

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement restrictions across the city, according...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...