London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Peshawar: 56 killed, over 190 injured in suicide attack on Mosque

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

At least 56 were killed and more than 190 were injured in a suicide attack on the Kucha Risaldar mosque in Peshwar on Friday. The attack was carried out when hundreds of worshippers gathered in the mosque to offer Friday prayers. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet. 

Peshwar police chief Muhammad Ejaz Khan termed the attack a suicide attack and said that it was carried out by two people. He said that the two attackers opened fire on the policemen standing guard outside the mosque. One of the attackers and a policeman were killed in the ensuing gun battle. 

However, CCTV footage of the incident shows only one man clad in black shalwar kameez and brandishing a pistol. As he gets in the vicinity of the mosque, he opens fire on the policeman and kills him. He also fires several shots at a man who tries to stop him. Then he hastily runs inside the mosque and detonates the bomb fitted on his body. 

City officials said that five to six kilograms of explosive material were used in the attack. They said that there was no prior intelligence about the attack.

KP government spokesman Barrister Mohammad Ali Saif told the media that the police personnel were deployed outside the mosque as a “general rule.” Following countless deadly attacks on the Shia community in Pakistan, it has become the standard security procedure to deploy police forces to guard the mosques of the Shia community during congregational Friday and Eid prayers.

“Those martyred and injured in the attack would be given monetary assistance under the government’s special package,” Saif said.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet. 

Pakistani government officials condemned Friday’s attack in Peshawar and directed the authorities to investigate the incident. Prime Minister Imran directed the provision of immediate medical treatment to the injured. 

Latest News

Family Protests in Karachi After Missing Student Allegedly Killed in Fake Encounter

Families of Baloch missing persons staged a protest outside the Karachi Press Club against what they described...

CTD Claims Six Killed in Barkhan Operation as Families Identify Some as Previously Missing Persons

The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has claimed that six armed individuals were killed during an intelligence-based operation in Barkhan, while all security...

BLA Media Wing Releases Details Five More Members Killed in Second Phase of ‘Operation Herof’

The media wing of the Baloch “pro-independence” group Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), known as Hakkal, has released photographs and biographical details of...

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement restrictions across the city, according...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...