London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

China extends technical hold on Azhar’s terror listing at UN

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

China has again extended by three months its technical hold on the US, France and UK- backed proposal to list terrorist organisation Jaish e Mohammad (JeM) chief and Pathankot terror attack mastermind Masood Azhar as a designated terrorist by the UN.

China had in February this year blocked the US move to designate Azhar as a global terrorist at UN.

The deadline for China to take action on its technical hold was till August 2.

If China would not have extended the technical hold, Azhar would have automatically been designated under the UN as a terrorist. Sources told Press Trust of India that just before the deadline lapsed, China once again sought a three-month extension until November 2 on its technical hold on the proposal.

A veto-wielding permanent member of the Security Council, Beijing has repeatedly blocked India’s move to put a ban on the Jaish-e-Mohammed leader under the AlQaeda Sanctions Committee of the Council.

Last year in March, China was the sole member in the 15 nation UN organ to put a hold on India’s application with all other 14 members of the Council supporting New Delhi’s bid to place Azhar on the 1267 sanctions list that would subject him to an assets freeze and travel ban.

The six-month validity of that technical hold lapsed in September and Beijing then extended it by three more months.

In December last year, after China blocked India’s proposal to list the JeM chief, Indian diplomatic sources here had said that the pursuit of terrorism was not a “one-shot affair” for India and that it will continue to pursue issues of terrorism “through all available mechanisms”.

Sources had said that the block would not prevent India from pursuing at the world body issues of terrorism and sanctioning of leaders of terror outfits.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Balochistan University Student ‘Forcibly Disappeared’ by Pakistani Forces in Hub Chowki

Pakistani security forces have allegedly detained a student of the University of Balochistan, Quetta, from Hub...

European Parliament Members Express ‘Grave Concern’ Over Detention of Baloch Activists

European lawmakers have expressed “grave concern” over the detention of prominent Baloch human rights activists in Pakistan and called on the European...

Arrests and FIRs Filed Against Baloch Activists as BYC Protests Continue Across Balochistan

On the day of Eid al-Fitr, several activists in the Balochistan regions of Mashkhel, Kharan, and Jhao were arrested or had First...

Fear, Resilience, and Psychological Warfare in Balochistan: A Comprehensive Exploration of Struggle and the Journey towards Renewal

Author: Darmankar Introduction Today, I witnessed a staggering video of a Baloch child, no older than...

State Narrative and Facts — TBP Editorial

The leaders of Pakistan's ruling parties and individuals close to the establishment are shaping a narrative that the Baloch Yakjehti Committee and...