London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

UN Security Council Adopts Resolution Condemning Iranian Strikes on Gulf States

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

The United Nations Security Council on Wednesday adopted a resolution condemning Iran’s missile and drone strikes on Gulf countries and Jordan, demanding that Tehran immediately halt hostilities.

Resolution 2817, presented by Bahrain on behalf of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), was approved by 13 of the Council’s 15 members. The draft was also co-sponsored by 135 other UN member states.

The resolution “condemns unequivocally, in the strongest terms” Iranian strikes targeting the territories of Gulf states and Jordan, describing them as a breach of international law and a serious threat to international peace and security.

It demands that Tehran “immediately and unconditionally” halt its attacks and provocations against neighbouring states, including through proxy forces, and calls for an immediate end to all strikes.

The Council also expressed strong support for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Gulf states and Jordan, reaffirming their right to self-defence under Article 51 of the UN Charter.

Speaking after the vote, Bahrain’s ambassador to the United Nations, Jamal Alrowaiei, said the broad backing reflected global concern.

“The fact that 135 countries co-sponsored this resolution bears witness to a collective conscience of just how dangerous Iran’s attacks are against the GCC and Jordan,” he said.

‘Profound regret’

Iran’s ambassador to the United Nations, Amir-Saeid Iravani, expressed his “profound regret” over the adoption of the resolution.

“This is a deeply regrettable day for the Security Council and for the international community. Today’s adoption is a serious setback to the Council’s credibility and leaves a lasting stain on its record,” Iravani said.

He described the move as a “blatant misuse” of the Council’s mandate and accused the United States of launching what he termed a “barbaric war against the Iranian people”.

Iravani alleged that the United States and Israel initiated the conflict and claimed that more than 1,348 civilians had been killed and over 17,000 injured since 28 February, including what he described as the “massacre of 170 schoolgirls in Minab”.

Latest News

BLA Claims 26 Pakistani Personnel Killed in 22 Attacks, Accuses Army of Civilian and Detainee Deaths in Surab and Panjgur

The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) has claimed responsibility for 22 attacks across Balochistan over an eight-day period,...

Quetta: Two Previously Missing Men Reappear as VBMP Protest Camp Marks 6,330th Day

Two men who were allegedly forcibly disappeared from Quetta earlier this year have surfaced and been transferred to Huda Jail, while a...

Karachi: 10 People, Including Brother of Former BSAC Chairman, Reportedly Forcibly Disappeared

Ten people, including Khalid Baloch, brother of former Baloch Students Action Committee (BSAC) chairman Shabbir Baloch, have allegedly been forcibly disappeared from...

Road Closures by Pakistani Forces in Panjgur Market Disrupt Business Activity, Traders Say

Traders, workers and residents in Panjgur have reported difficulties following the closure of several roads in the town's main market area, which...

Military Operations Reported in Mastung, Khuzdar and Kech

Reports of military operations have emerged from several areas of Balochistan, including Mastung, Khuzdar and Kech, involving aerial and ground activity.