London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Families, Activists Set Up Protest Camp in Islamabad Demanding Release of BYC Leaders and Missing Baloch

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Families of detained Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) leaders and the relatives of Baloch missing persons have launched a sit-in protest outside the National Press Club, Islamabad, demanding an end to enforced disappearances and the immediate release of detained activists.

The demonstration, which began this week, includes family members of the BYC leadership who have been in custody for over three months, alongside the long-suffering families of forcibly disappeared individuals from Balochistan. Many of the protesters have spent years advocating for the safe return of their loved ones without justice or resolution.

During a press conference held at the protest site, participants stated that they had once again travelled to the federal capital in the hope that their voices might finally be heard. “In Balochistan, our cries are suppressed on our own soil. Media censorship is rampant, and the doors to truth have been shut,” one speaker said.

The families described Balochistan as an “information black hole,” where narratives are allowed to circulate only with state approval. “Any voice that dares speak against injustice is silenced,” they said.

They also accused state institutions of manufacturing a façade of peace in Balochistan, while the on-ground reality remains one of “repression, enforced disappearances, and political intimidation.”

The protesters named several BYC and human rights figures – Dr. Mahrang Baloch, Beebarg Zehri, Beebow Baloch, Gulzadi Baloch, Shah Jee Sibghatullah, Ghaffar Qambarani, and Imran Baloch – who were arrested in a targeted crackdown following a press conference held in Quetta on March 19, 2024. The group was held under the colonial-era 3-MPO (Maintenance of Public Order) law, despite court orders for their release.

The sit-in organizers stated that even after the legal detention period expired on June 22, the BYC leadership was kept in custody for an additional 20 days before being presented without prior notice in an anti-terrorism court on July 8. There, they were slapped with fresh charges and handed a 10-day physical remand under the Anti-Terrorism Act. Since then, families have been denied visitation rights, and legal teams have reported facing obstructions in court proceedings.

The protesters laid out two key demands: the immediate release of all detained Baloch political leaders, and an end to the what they called the “cycle of enforced disappearances and arbitrary arrests in the Balochistan.”

The demonstrators appealed to Pakistani media, lawyers, civil society, and international human rights organizations to raise their voices in solidarity. They urged the United Nations and the global community to pressure the Pakistani state to release all Baloch leaders and ensure a restoration of human rights and justice in Balochistan.

Latest News

Family Protests in Karachi After Missing Student Allegedly Killed in Fake Encounter

Families of Baloch missing persons staged a protest outside the Karachi Press Club against what they described...

CTD Claims Six Killed in Barkhan Operation as Families Identify Some as Previously Missing Persons

The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has claimed that six armed individuals were killed during an intelligence-based operation in Barkhan, while all security...

BLA Media Wing Releases Details Five More Members Killed in Second Phase of ‘Operation Herof’

The media wing of the Baloch “pro-independence” group Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), known as Hakkal, has released photographs and biographical details of...

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement restrictions across the city, according...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...