London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

VBMP Protest Camp in Quetta Marks 5849 Days Amid Surge in Enforced Disappearances

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

The protest camp organized by Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP) outside the Quetta Press Club marked its 5,849th day on Thursday, highlighting the ongoing crisis of enforced disappearances in Balochistan.

The Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP) is a Baloch human rights group advocating for the safe release of thousands of Baloch missing persons and an end to enforced disappearances in Balochistan. Since its founding 15 years ago, in 2009, the group has been relentlessly protesting in Quetta and Karachi to put an end to what they call the “inhumane and barbaric practice of enforced disappearances” in Balochistan. The group has also been documenting cases of enforced disappearances and has a record of Baloch missing persons dating back a decade. Their indefinite protest marked its 5849th day on Friday.

People from various walks of life visited the camp to express solidarity with the families of the missing. Speaking to the visiting delegations, VBMP Vice Chairman Mama Qadeer Baloch said there are no signs of any reduction in enforced disappearances across Balochistan.

According to Mama Qadeer, over 100 people were forcibly disappeared in the past month alone, and more than 20 were victims of extrajudicial killings by Pakistani forces. He said the trend of custodial killings has once again intensified.

He cited the situation in Mashkay as particularly alarming, describing it as approaching a “massacre-like” state. On 11 June, two more previously disappeared persons – Ali Muhammad s/o Hakeem and Nazar s/o Jan Muhammad – were killed and their bodies dumped at a hospital.

Family members of the victims allege that both men were killed in custody at a military camp.

Mama Qadeer called on international human rights organizations to urgently intervene. “The longer the delay, the more bodies will fall, and the worse the situation will become,” he said.

The protest camp by VBMP is one of the longest-running human rights demonstrations in South Asia, demanding the recovery of thousands of missing persons allegedly taken by Pakistani security forces. The Pakistani state has consistently denied involvement in these disappearances, but rights groups and Baloch civil society continue to accuse the military and intelligence agencies of systematic abductions and killings.

Latest News

Family Protests in Karachi After Missing Student Allegedly Killed in Fake Encounter

Families of Baloch missing persons staged a protest outside the Karachi Press Club against what they described...

CTD Claims Six Killed in Barkhan Operation as Families Identify Some as Previously Missing Persons

The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has claimed that six armed individuals were killed during an intelligence-based operation in Barkhan, while all security...

BLA Media Wing Releases Details Five More Members Killed in Second Phase of ‘Operation Herof’

The media wing of the Baloch “pro-independence” group Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), known as Hakkal, has released photographs and biographical details of...

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement restrictions across the city, according...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...