Hafiz Ali Ahmed, who reportedly went missing from Quetta, the capital of Balochistan, could not be recovered after eight years, his family members said and appealed for his safe recovery.
The family members of the forcibly disappeared Hafiz Ali Ahmed son of Haji Muhammad Zakum Mengal have said that they have been waiting for the return of Ahmed for eight years, but no actions have been taken by the authorities to recover him.
The relatives claimed that Hafiz Ali Ahmad, a resident of Qadirabad, Nushki was taken into custody from satellite town Quetta by Pakistani security forces and intelligence agencies on February 6, 2015. He was then transferred to an unknown location and since then, his whereabouts remain unknown, the family sources said.
The relatives said that if there is any kind of accusations or complaints against Hafiz Ali Ahmed, he should be produced to the courts. Forcibly disappearing a person in this fashion is against the law and a violation of human rights, they said.
The relatives have appealed to the socio-political circles of Balochistan to raise their voices for the recovery of Hafiz Ali Ahmed.