Quetta: Security forces put on high alert over fears of attack

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

The Inspector General of Balochistan issued a high alert for the police personnel operating in Quetta city. The IG issued directives for on-duty police personnel, calling them to wear bulletproof jackets and helmets.

Quetta’s central police said in a statement on Saturday that it had received reliable intelligence that Daesh – Islamic State – was planning on attacking the city.

The police further said that a female suicide bomber, identified as Zeenat wife of Zia-ur Rehman, had volunteered to carry out the attack. The statement revealed that she was currently living with an alleged “IS terrorist” Ghulam Din at an undisclosed location in Mastung.

The police said that the alleged wannabe suicide bomber had been present with alleged militants at their hideouts in Pari Jhal and Nagao in Bolan.

The central police office put the Quetta police on high alert and called on them to take preventive measures to avoid any untoward incident.

The statement directed the police personnel to use alternative routes while patrolling the city, don’t gather for long in a single place, and wear protective gear such as helmets and bulletproof vests.

SourceTBP

Latest News

Geneva: Human Rights Council meeting, concerns over forced disappearances

Under the Universal Periodic Review process at the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, the member...

Blast at Peshawar Piloce Lines mosque kills 59, injures 157

Twin suicide bombings claimed 59 lives at the Police Lines Peshawar on Monday. According to Police sources, two...

Road accident claims 41 lives in Balochistan’s Lasbela

At least 41 passengers were burnt alive after the bus fell into a ravine and caught fire in Balochistan’s Lasbela district on...

Hafiz Ali Ahmed remains missing for 8 years — Family

Hafiz Ali Ahmed, who reportedly went missing from Quetta, the capital of Balochistan, could not be recovered after eight years, his family...

Zahedan: A rally held in commemoration of “Bloody Friday”

Another rally was carried out on Friday in Zahedan city of Western Balochistan to commemorate the "Bloody Friday". As...