London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Dera Bugti: 12 killed, dozens affected in Cholera outbreak amid severe water shortage

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

At least 12 individuals have been killed and dozens of others have been affected by the sudden outbreak of Cholera in Balochistan’s Dera Bugti. Hundreds of other locals are at risk as severe water scarcity has gripped the city. Forced by the water shortage, the locals have resorted to drinking from marshes and ponds that serve as hothouses for various deadly pathogens.

The District Health Officer of Dera Bugti, Azam Bugti, told the media that at least four people, including a child, were killed by Cholera on Wednesday. In the mountainous area of Pir Koh, the deadly disease has claimed over a dozen lives and affected various others who are at severe risk.

The poorly equipped hospitals were crammed with patients afflicted with the disease and their attendants in the aftermath of the deadly outbreak of Cholera. The residents of the area complain that there are no health facilities in the city to deal with the endemic. They say that the provincial government has failed the locals despite the repeated announcements and promises.

Balochistan Chief Minister Quddus Bizenjo reportedly took notice of the outbreak of the disease and directed the health authorities to double down on their efforts to contain its spread and provide adequate health facilities to the people affected by the disease. An official handout from the provincial government on Wednesday said that the chief minister has announced an immediate release of RS10 million for the people of Dera Bugti to cope with the outbreak of the disease.

The dire situation in Dera Bugti has also prompted the World Health Organization to take notice of the issue. Officials of WHO has said that the organization has dispatched a team to investigate and assess the situation in Dera Bugti. The Cholera outbreak has affected an estimated 1500 people most of whom are either women or children. The spread of the disease is attributed to the lack of clean drinking water in the city.

Activists and Baloch nationalists on social media have also highlighted the issue and lamented that the federal and provincial government has failed the people of Dera Bugti. The social media users said that Dera Bugti houses one of the largest natural gas reserves in Asia. Since its discovery in 1952, the Sui Gas Plant has supplied natural gas to much of Pakistan, but the residents of Dera Bugti are forced to collect kindling and pieces of wood and used that as fuel. The nationalists say that the severe water shortage gripping the city and the resulting outbreak of Cholera has created an alarming situation.

SourceTBP

Latest News

Family Protests in Karachi After Missing Student Allegedly Killed in Fake Encounter

Families of Baloch missing persons staged a protest outside the Karachi Press Club against what they described...

CTD Claims Six Killed in Barkhan Operation as Families Identify Some as Previously Missing Persons

The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has claimed that six armed individuals were killed during an intelligence-based operation in Barkhan, while all security...

BLA Media Wing Releases Details Five More Members Killed in Second Phase of ‘Operation Herof’

The media wing of the Baloch “pro-independence” group Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), known as Hakkal, has released photographs and biographical details of...

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement restrictions across the city, according...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...