London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Pakistani forces try to coerce missing Rashid’s family into signing a ‘misleading’ statement

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

The Counter-Terrorism Department of Pakistan reportedly tried to coerce the family of the missing Rashid Hussain into signing a misleading and false statement regarding the “enforced disappearance” of Rashid Hussain from the United Arab Emirates. The family were reportedly locked up in a room and threatened that if they did not sign the statement, their loved ones will be hunted down and harmed. 

According to the family members of Rashid Hussain, they were summoned to the Airport Police Station in Karachi on Monday by the Pakistani forces and pressurised to sign a false and misleading statement. The statement, concocted by the Counter-Terrorism Department of Pakistan, declared that Rashid Hussain had not been forcibly disappeared in UAE – as all the available evidence shows – but rather sent back to Dalbandin, Balochistan, by the company that employed him. He had then gone “missing” in Dalbandin. 

The family members said that they were locked up in a room and threatened that if they did not sign the statement, their loved ones will be hunted down from “wherever they are” and harmed. Even when the family members were released, a vehicle of the Pakistani forces kept following them. 

The family members have presented the mendacious statement which was supposed to be signed by the mother of the missing Rashid Hussain. The contrived statement reads on behalf of Rashid Hussain’s mother that her son had gone missing in Dalbandin – and not in UAE – and that her lawyer had “accidentally” written Karachi instead of Dalbandin due to her “disfluency” in Urdu. 

The statement also declares on behalf of Rashid Hussain’s mother that she had given this same statement before the missing person commission earlier.

Photo of the statement

The family members said they have substantial evidence in their possession to prove that Rashid Hussain had been arrested in UAE and subsequently extradited on the behest of Pakistan. But the behavior of the Pakistani authorities shows that they want to whitewash his arrest in a veneer of false accusations. 

The family members added that they are alarmed after Monday’s incident that the life of Rashid Hussain might be in danger. Their apprehension is not misplaced: the Counter-Terrorism Department of Pakistan allegedly recently killed 5 Baloch missing persons in a fake encounter, labelling them as ‘terrorists.’ 

The family members have repudiated the statement, saying that they demand the safe recovery of Rashid Hussain. 

Who is Rashid Hussain?

Rashid Hussain was a Baloch human rights activist who was living in the United Arab Emirates as a labourer. He was arrested on December 26, 2018, by the Emirati intelligence, kept in confinement for six months and then deported to Pakistan in July of 2019. In April 2020, the counter-terrorism court in Karachi incriminated him for the Chinese consulate attack of November 2018 and declared him a “fugitive.”

Since his disappearance, Rashid Hussain’s family has been struggling for his safe recovery. His family members have knocked on many doors in search of their loved one but to no avail. Hussain’s mother and his young niece Mahzeb Shafiq were also among the families of the Baloch missing persons who staged a sit-in protest in the federal capital Islamabad earlier in February, demanding the release of their missing family members.

SourceTBP

Latest News

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...

Families Allegedly Pressured to Publicly Disassociate From Relatives Linked to Armed Groups

Allegations of increased state pressure on families of individuals accused of links with armed organizations have intensified in Balochistan, with human rights...

Four Killed in Alleged CTD Encounter in Karachi as Families Claim Victims Were Previously Missing

Four young men were killed during what authorities described as a police encounter in Karachi’s Shah Latif Town area on Tuesday night,...

Mother of Forcibly Disappeared Man Dies After 14-year Wait as Quetta Protest Camp Completes 6,081st Day

An elderly woman who spent more than a decade protesting for the recovery of her forcibly disappeared son has died while still...