London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Embezzlement worth billions exposed in Reko Diq case, NAB arrests two

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

NAB exposes billions of rupees of embezzlement in Reko Diq case, arrests two

The National Accountability Bureau of Pakistan (NAB), after scrutinizing 30-year records, has claimed of exposing the elements involved in the embezzlement of billions of rupees in the Reko Diq case. The institution filed a reference against 26 people, including former officers of Balochistan government and international companies, at the approval of retired Justice Javed Iqbal, chairman of NAB, in the accountability court of Quetta.

NAB’s Rawalpindi arm also arrested two suspects in the case. The suspects, identified as Sher Khan and Muhammad Farooq, were arrested in Islamabad on Thursday.

NAB says that it has obtained irrefragable evidence against the accused, and said in a statement that the elements have caused irreparable damage to the national treasury of Pakistan and violated the national interests.

Due to these corrupt elements, Reko Diq, which was supposed to earn billions of rupees and strengthen the Pakistani economy, did not yield the intended results, the officials said.

The spokesperson for NAB in Balochistan said that the Chagai Hills Exploration Joint Venture agreement had been signed between the Balochistan Development Authority and Broken Hill Propriety, an Australian mining company, in 1993. Corrupt officials, he claimed, caused benefit to the company illegally.

NAB claimed in the statement that billions of rupees were given to the company by illegally amending the mining rules of Pakistan and the sub-agreements of the deal. The institution said that the accused confessed of taking financial benefits in this regard. Other serious irregularities were also committed by the officials of the revenue department in allotment of land and other matters.

Latest News

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...

Families Allegedly Pressured to Publicly Disassociate From Relatives Linked to Armed Groups

Allegations of increased state pressure on families of individuals accused of links with armed organizations have intensified in Balochistan, with human rights...

Four Killed in Alleged CTD Encounter in Karachi as Families Claim Victims Were Previously Missing

Four young men were killed during what authorities described as a police encounter in Karachi’s Shah Latif Town area on Tuesday night,...

Mother of Forcibly Disappeared Man Dies After 14-year Wait as Quetta Protest Camp Completes 6,081st Day

An elderly woman who spent more than a decade protesting for the recovery of her forcibly disappeared son has died while still...