London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

HRW declares the attack on Kabul maternity hospital a ‘war crime’

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Human Rights Watch on Wednesday declared an attack on a maternity hospital in the Afghan capital Kabul a war crime.

“The attack by unidentified assailants on a hospital in Kabul, Afghanistan on May 12, 2020, shows blatant disregard for civilian life and is an apparent war crime, Human Rights Watch said today. A suicide bombing attack and ensuing gun battles killed at least 13 civilians, including 2 infants, and wounded at least 15. More than 80 patients, including children, were evacuated from the hospital,” the Human Rights Watch in a statement on Wednesday.

No armed group claimed responsibility for the attack on the hospital, whose maternity clinic is supported by the international aid organization Médecins San Frontières (Doctors Without Borders).

The Taliban has denied involvement. The Dasht-e Barchi neighborhood in Kabul, where the hospital is located, is predominantly Shia and has been the location of a number of attacks by Daesh, Tolo News reported.

Former president Hamid Karzai in a statement on the Taliban attack in Paktia on Thursday morning–in which that five civilians were killed–said that fueling the war would have deadly consequences and that the warring sides should expedite efforts for peace. 

The recent wave of deadly attacks on civilian targets in Afghanistan were also branded “war crimes” by the Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC).

The human rights commission called for justice to be served on the perpetrators who planned and carried out the attacks on the civilian population in the country.

In the last three days, at least 60 civilians have been killed in three attacks in Kabul, Nangarhar and Paktia.

“The attacks on a 100-bed hospital in Dashte-e-Barchi and in Jalalabad fall in the category of major crimes. These are not any incidents to simply forget. The human rights commission will follow the case and will continue its call for justice at the international level,” said Naeem Nazari, the deputy head of the AIHRC.

The deputy head of the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission, Naeem Nazari, said the increase in civilian casualties is concerning.

“Unfortunately, Taliban attacks, civilian casualties and violence are increasing day by day in Afghanistan. Civilian casualties have been high in Ramadhan regretfully, compared to the previous month,” said Nazari.

US President Donald Trump on Wednesday in answer to a question about the attacks in Afghanistan told reporters: “At some point they’re going to have to be able to take care of their country.”

“We’ve been there for many years, we’re like a police force. We’re not fighting in Afghanistan, we’re a police force in Afghanistan and at some point, they’re going to have to be able to take care of their country,” Trump said.

SourceTolo News

Latest News

Family Protests in Karachi After Missing Student Allegedly Killed in Fake Encounter

Families of Baloch missing persons staged a protest outside the Karachi Press Club against what they described...

CTD Claims Six Killed in Barkhan Operation as Families Identify Some as Previously Missing Persons

The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has claimed that six armed individuals were killed during an intelligence-based operation in Barkhan, while all security...

BLA Media Wing Releases Details Five More Members Killed in Second Phase of ‘Operation Herof’

The media wing of the Baloch “pro-independence” group Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), known as Hakkal, has released photographs and biographical details of...

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement restrictions across the city, according...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...