London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Islamic State leader killed in raid by US forces in Syria

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

United States President Joe Biden said in a press conference on Thursday the Islamic State leader Haji Abdullah Qurayshi has been killed in an operation by the US Special Forces. He said that the IS leader was cornered by the US forces and he detonated a bomb, killing himself and his family. The US forces have returned home safely, the White House announced.

Qurayshi took over as the global leader of the Islamic State in 2019 when it’s then-chief, Abu Bakar Al-Baghdadi, was killed in a raid by the US forces. Baghdadi was also cornered in a tunnel when he was trying to escape. He set off his suicide vest laden with explosives, killing himself and his family.

Announcing Qurayshi’s death, President Biden said that his death has “removed a major terrorist threat to the world.” Biden said that Qurayshi had chosen to surround himself with families for protection. “We made a choice to pursue a Special Forces raid at a much greater risk to our people rather than targeting him with an airstrike. We made this choice to minimize civilian casualties”, he said.

US officials did not provide the identity of the IS deputy also killed in the raid but provided the details of the attack that reportedly took several months of planning. The officials said that the Qurayshi’s death will be a major blow to the group, but it will eventually recover and regroup.

The Islamic State has so far not made any comments about the incident.

The raid targeted a three-storey residential building on the outskirts of the opposition-held town of Atmeh, which is in northern Idlib province and close to the border with Turkey. The region is a stronghold of jihadist groups that are fierce rivals of IS, as well as Turkish-backed rebel factions fighting the Syrian government.

Intelligence reports confirmed that Qurayshi was living with his family on the second floor of the residential building in Atmeh from where he ran the Islamic State using couriers to dispatch his orders throughout Syria and outside.

SourceTBP

Latest News

Military Warns Against ‘Disrupting Peace’ in Balochistan Ahead of Protest March

Pakistan’s military has warned that no one will be allowed to “disrupt peace” in Balochistan, as political...

Government Delegation Holds Talks with Akhtar Mengal at Lakpass Sit-In

A government delegation visited the Lakpass sit-in site near Quetta on Saturday, attempting to negotiate with Balochistan National Party-Mengal (BNP-M) leader Sardar...

Khuzdar: ‘Forcibly Disappeared’ Man Among Three Killed in Alleged Fake Encounter

A young man reportedly detained by Pakistani forces last year has been identified among three people killed in an alleged staged encounter...

Mahrang Baloch Rejects Release Offer, Demands Freedom for All Detained Activists

Negotiations between Pakistani authorities and detained Baloch activist Dr Mahrang Baloch have failed after she rejected a conditional offer for her release,...

Dera Bugti: Youth Goes Missing After Alleged Detention by Pakistani Forces

A young man has reportedly gone missing after being allegedly detained by Pakistani military forces in the Dera Bugti district of Balochistan.