The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) on Thursday released a report warning of what it described as an “alarming surge” in extrajudicial killings, enforced disappearances and staged “fake encounters” across Balochistan during February.
The group said at least 19 people had been killed during the month, adding that additional cases remained undocumented due to restrictions on media coverage and fear among families.
According to the report, unarmed civilians, including children and students, were among those killed. It cited the death of three-year-old Deedag Baloch in what the group described as a drone strike, and the fatal shooting of 12-year-old Shehzad Ahmed.
BYC also documented cases in which students who had previously been forcibly disappeared were later found dead, including matriculation and FSc students Nawab Abdullah, Jangiyan Baloch and Junaid Ahmed.
The report highlighted the case of 24-year-old student Hamdan Baloch, who was taken into custody by Pakistan’s Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) in Karachi on 29 December 2025 and was later killed on 18 February in what police described as an encounter. BYC said the circumstances bore the hallmarks of a staged “fake encounter” and raised concerns over custodial responsibility and due process.
The group said several others, including Malang Baloch, Karim Jan, Pazeer Baloch and Aseel Baloch, were forcibly disappeared before being killed, while others died in what it described as targeted attacks by “state-backed” militias.
BYC said the pattern of killings and disappearances amounted to “a direct assault on the dignity, security and collective existence of the Baloch people,” and urged the United Nations and international rights organisations to press for independent investigations and accountability.




























