London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Pakistani Drone Strikes Kill Civilians in Afghanistan; Kabul Summons Islamabad’s Envoy

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Afghanistan’s interim government has strongly condemned suspected Pakistani drone strikes in the country’s eastern provinces of Khost and Nangarhar, summoning Pakistan’s ambassador in Kabul to lodge a formal protest.

According to Afghan officials, the strikes took place late Wednesday night, targeting residential areas in Khost’s Spira district and Nangarhar’s Shinwari district. Local authorities confirmed civilian casualties, including women and children.

Khost governor’s spokesperson, Mustaghfir Labrez, said that at around 10:30 p.m., a drone strike hit the home of Haji Naeem Gul, a local businessman in the Surkakh area. “Three children were killed and five others injured, including women and children,” he said, adding that the family had no links to any armed groups.

In Nangarhar, provincial officials reported two separate strikes in Shinwari district, injuring four children and a woman from the same family. They also stressed that the victims were civilians with no militant connections.

Afghan journalists and locals said drones had been observed flying over the provinces for months. Residents reported hearing multiple blasts overnight.

Following the incident, Afghanistan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs summoned the Pakistani ambassador in Kabul, handing him a protest note. In a statement, the ministry described the strikes as a “clear and unacceptable violation of Afghanistan’s sovereignty” and warned that such actions would have “serious consequences.”

“These attacks are not only against Afghanistan’s sovereignty but are also provocative acts that escalate tensions in the region,” the ministry said, vowing to protect Afghan citizens and territory “at any cost.”

So far, Islamabad has not issued an official statement. However, some Pakistani journalists and social media accounts linked to military sources claimed that the strikes targeted alleged hideouts of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).

Pakistan has long accused the Afghan Taliban of harboring TTP fighters who stage cross-border attacks inside Pakistan. Kabul has consistently rejected these allegations.

Cross-border air operations are not unprecedented. On April 16, 2022, Pakistani jets and drones hit residential areas in Khost and Kunar, killing at least 47 civilians, according to Afghan officials. On December 25, 2023, airstrikes in Paktika’s Bermal district killed 46 people, mostly women and children, according to Taliban authorities, though Pakistan claimed 45 TTP members were killed. More recently, on March 18, 2024, at least eight civilians died in Pakistani airstrikes in eastern Afghanistan, according to local reports.

The latest strikes appear to follow the same pattern, with Islamabad asserting it is targeting militants while Afghan officials insist civilians are bearing the brunt.

Relations between Kabul and Islamabad have remained tense, particularly over the TTP issue. Afghan authorities say continued cross-border attacks risk further destabilizing the region.

SourceTBP

Latest News

BLA Circulates Video of Captured Pakistani Soldiers Calling on Authorities as Deadline Nears

The Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) has released a video showing Pakistani Army personnel reportedly in its custody, amid an...

Nineteen More Baloch Individuals ‘Forcibly Disappeared’ in Karachi and Balochistan

The series of enforced disappearances targeting Baloch youth has continued, with Nineteen more people reportedly taken into custody by Pakistani forces in...

Baloch Armed Groups Claim Responsibility for Multiple Attacks in Balochistan

Two Baloch armed groups have claimed responsibility for a series of attacks in different areas of Balochistan, according to statements issued to...

Amma Hoori’s Grief — TBP Editorial

Amma Hoori’s entire life was lived under the shadow of state repression. She and her family were among the thousands of Baloch...

Family Protests in Karachi After Missing Student Allegedly Killed in Fake Encounter

Families of Baloch missing persons staged a protest outside the Karachi Press Club against what they described as a “fake encounter,” alleging...