London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Duki: Armed Attack on Coal Miners Leaves 20 Dead, 7 Injured

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

At least 20 coal miners were killed, and seven others injured in an armed attack at a coal mine in Balochistan’s Duki district, officials said.

The attack took place at the Junaid Coal Company mine near Duki city in the early hours of Friday. According to police, a group of armed men launched the assault, using heavy weapons, including grenades and rockets.

“Unknown armed men attacked the coal miners in Duki, targeting them with automatic weapons and explosives,” said Station House Officer (SHO) Humayun Khan.

Four of those killed were Afghan nationals, while the remaining victims were from various regions of Balochistan, including Zhob, Qilla Saifullah, Pishin, Musa Khel, and Kuchlak, authorities confirmed.

A survivor of the attack, Hafizullah, claimed that the attackers were speaking Pashto and using a drone to monitor the area. “Drones were following us, and the attackers were Pashto speakers,” he said.

In addition to killing the workers, the attackers set fire to mining equipment, including 10 coal engines and other machinery. 

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Local journalist Abdul Hakeem Nasir reported that a protest is planned at Duki’s main square, and businesses in the city have been closed in mourning.

District Council Chairman Khairullah Nasir condemned the attack as “barbaric” and called for improved security measures to protect miners in the region.

The attack comes amid heightened tensions in Pakistan following a major operation by the Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) near Karachi’s Jinnah International Airport, which garnered significant international attention. It also coincides with the ongoing ‘Pashtun National Jirga,’ a major political gathering of the Pashtun people.

In previous periods of heightened tension, Pakistani intelligence agencies have been accused of orchestrating attacks to divert attention from key political events. However, the perpetrators of this attack remain unknown.

Latest News

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...

Families Allegedly Pressured to Publicly Disassociate From Relatives Linked to Armed Groups

Allegations of increased state pressure on families of individuals accused of links with armed organizations have intensified in Balochistan, with human rights...

Four Killed in Alleged CTD Encounter in Karachi as Families Claim Victims Were Previously Missing

Four young men were killed during what authorities described as a police encounter in Karachi’s Shah Latif Town area on Tuesday night,...

Mother of Forcibly Disappeared Man Dies After 14-year Wait as Quetta Protest Camp Completes 6,081st Day

An elderly woman who spent more than a decade protesting for the recovery of her forcibly disappeared son has died while still...