A man with his five children died in a gas leakage explosion in Quetta, the capital city of Balochistan, on Sunday.
According to reports, the incident occurred in a house in the Satellite town area of the city, after which the fire broke out, resulting in the killing of forty-year-old Sharf Din and his five children. The age of the children is said to be between five to twelve.
According to rescue sources, the fire brigades and rescue teams reached to the scene after the incident and brought the fire under control.
It is pertinent to mention that accidents due to gas leakage and explosions are happening almost on daily basis during the winter season. The Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC) has been observing scheduled and unscheduled load sheddings in various parts of Balochistan. Scores of people have lost their lives in gas leakage and explosion incidents in Quetta and other parts of Balochistan due to unannounced load shedding.