London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Foreign troops to remain in Afghanistan beyond the May deadline, says NATO

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

NATO officials have said that the foreign troops will remain in Afghanistan beyond the May deadline drawn by the Afghan Taliban with the United States, a move that could aggravate the tensions with Taliban which demand full American withdrawal.

According to the details, four high-ranking NATO officials have confirmed that the foreign troops will stay in Afghanistan beyond the deadline. They said that the “hasty withdrawal” which was prevalent during Donald Trump’s tenure will be addressed. “We could see a more calculated exit strategy”, they said.

The Trump administration had signed a deal with the Afghan Taliban last year calling for the complete withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan in May in return for the Taliban fulfilling security guarantees.

The agreement – which did not involve the Afghan government – was hailed as the end of the two decades of war that cost the United States trillions. Before exiting the Oval Office, he reduced the troops to 2500, the fewest since the pre-9/11 days.

The officials said that plans of what will happen after April are being considered and are likely to be the top issue at the NATO meeting this month. They said that the troop numbers will remain unchanged after the deadline, but the future conduct is not clear.

Addressing the issue, NATO spokesperson Oana Lungescu said that: “No NATO ally wants to stay in Afghanistan longer than necessary, but we have been clear that our presence remains conditions-based.” No decision has been made yet, she said.

SourceTBP

Latest News

Security Forces Conduct House-to-House Search Operation in Noshki Amid Ongoing Curfew

Pakistani security forces have launched a large-scale search operation in Noshki, conducting house-to-house searches and tightening movement...

BYC Alleges Youth Killed in Tump by ‘Death Squad’ as More Bodies Continue to Surface in Balochistan

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has alleged that a 23-year-old man from Tump was shot dead by an armed group operating under...

Families Allegedly Pressured to Publicly Disassociate From Relatives Linked to Armed Groups

Allegations of increased state pressure on families of individuals accused of links with armed organizations have intensified in Balochistan, with human rights...

Four Killed in Alleged CTD Encounter in Karachi as Families Claim Victims Were Previously Missing

Four young men were killed during what authorities described as a police encounter in Karachi’s Shah Latif Town area on Tuesday night,...

Mother of Forcibly Disappeared Man Dies After 14-year Wait as Quetta Protest Camp Completes 6,081st Day

An elderly woman who spent more than a decade protesting for the recovery of her forcibly disappeared son has died while still...