London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

U.S calls for investigation of Afghans drowned by Iranian forces

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

On Tuesday, the US State Department called for an investigation into the incident that in the Afghan province of Herat 57 Afghan nationals who for work purposes tried to enter Iran were arrested by the Iranian border security who tortured the Afghans and then allegedly threw  them into a river–in which some died.

According to reports, the incident occurred on Wednesday.

The US Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, Alice Wells in a tweet termed the incident as ‘horrific’.

“Iran’s cruel treatment and abuse of Afghan migrants alleged in these reports is horrifying” and “We support calls for a thorough investigation,” Wells tweeted.

“The Iranian government has committed a crime against humanity. It’s against all international conventions and it has violated all international laws,” said Laal Gul Laal, the head of the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Organization, Tolo News reported.

“The incident that happened is very shocking,” said Zaman Sultani, a researcher at Amnesty International.

Local officials in Herat have pledged to probe the incident. They warned that such a move will not go without a response if proved true.

“The life of a single Afghan is precious to us more than your imagination, we will take necessary steps regarding this issue,” said Sayed Wahid Qatali, the governor of Herat.

Officials at Herat district hospital confirmed that Sunday seven bodies had been retrieved while 12 men were rescued alive and hunt for the rest was still underway.

The Islamic Republic of Iran’s Consulate General in Herat has strongly dismissed the reports as unfounded.

“Various sources, including officials from the Taibad Border Regiment, have denied the allegations, saying they have not arrested any Afghan nationals in the area,” the consulate said.

Iran hosts an estimated three million Afghans, both legal refugees and illegal immigrants. Poverty-stricken and war-weary Afghans often use illegal smuggling routes on the nearly 900-kilometer border between the two countries to travel to Iran in search of work.

Tens of thousands of Afghans, including deportees, have returned to Afghanistan since the outbreak of coronavirus in Iran, where more than 6,000 people have died and nearly 100,000 others have contracted COVID-19, VOA report said.

SourceTBP

Latest News

SRA Urges Sindhi Population to Avoid State-Linked Projects in Balochistan Amid Ongoing “War”

The Sindhudesh Revolutionary Army (SRA) has issued a statement describing the situation in Balochistan as a “state...

Elderly Man Killed in Reported Firing Incident by Pakistani Forces in Kech

An elderly man was killed in a firing incident reportedly involving Pakistani military forces in the Drachkoh area of Dasht, Kech district,...

BLF Claims Eight Separate Attacks Across Balochistan, Says 15 Pakistani Security Personnel Killed

The Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF) has claimed responsibility for a series of coordinated attacks carried out across several regions of Balochistan, including...

Four Reportedly Forcibly Disappeared in Chagai, Gwadar, Dera Bugti and Quetta; Body of Missing Man Found in Panjgur

Reports of enforced disappearances continued to emerge from multiple regions of Balochistan, as four young men were allegedly detained by Pakistani forces...

Armed Checkpoints on Noshki Highway, 17 Individuals Linked to Reko Diq Project Detained

Armed men reportedly established checkpoints on sections of the Quetta–Taftan highway passing through Noshki, Dalbandin and Mastung, with regional sources claiming that...