A young man previously reported missing has been found dead in Surab, adding to a growing number of bodies recovered across Balochistan in recent days, according to family members and local sources.
Family sources said the body of Junaid Ahmed s/o Ali Ahmed Reki, a resident of Killi Hathyari Gidar, was recovered after he went missing last month from Quetta. He was the son of Ali Ahmed Reki, identified by sources as the district president of GTA Balochistan in Surab. News of the recovery spread quickly through the area, where residents described an atmosphere of grief and mourning.
Meanwhile, authorities confirmed the identification of another body recovered a day earlier in Panjgur as Saeed s/o Mola Dad, a resident of Kata Gari. Local social activists said dozens of bodies have been recovered across Balochistan during the past week alone, including at least eight in Panjgur. According to activists, those identified so far were individuals whose families had already filed complaints alleging enforced disappearance prior to the discovery of their bodies.
In a statement, the Baloch Yakjehti Committee said 22-year-old student Junaid Ahmed had been taken into custody on January 23, 2026, from Quetta’s Children Hospital by personnel allegedly linked to the Eagle Force and the Counter Terrorism Department (CTD). The group said his body was later found near the Eastern Bypass roughly one month later, with hands and feet bound and multiple bullet wounds visible, which it described as indications of a custodial killing.
The organization stated that the incident constituted violations of fundamental rights, including the right to life and protection from arbitrary detention under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), as well as prohibitions against torture outlined in the Convention Against Torture (CAT). It added that enforced disappearance itself violates international human rights principles and United Nations declarations concerning the protection of individuals from enforced disappearance.
The group called on United Nations mechanisms, including the Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearances (WGEID), along with international human rights organizations and global civil society, to take immediate notice of the case and press for an independent and transparent investigation. According to the statement, without accountability mechanisms, enforced disappearances and unlawful killings are likely to continue.





























