London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Haq Do movement leader warns of long march to Quetta

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Maulana Hidayat Ur Rehman, the leader of the ‘Gwadar Ko Haq Do’ movement held a press conference in the Quetta Press Club where he warned the Balochistan government that he will carry out a long march to Quetta if the accord he signed with the government for ending the month-long movement is not implemented. Senior leaders of Jamaat-i-Islami-Balochistan, Dr Ataur Rehman, Maulana Noorullah and others were present on the occasion.

Addressing the gathering, Rehman said that one of the primary demands of the Haq Do movement was the release of the Baloch missing persons. The government so far has made no progress in this regard. He said that the removal of unnecessary security check-posts, eradication of drug trafficking, ending the misuse of the natural resources of Balochistan and giving Balochistan the due share in the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) were also the demands of the Haq Do movement.

Rehman accused the provincial minister of fisheries of taking bribes and allowing illegal fishing in the coastal areas of Balochistan. “Bureaucracy is serious in solving problems of the province, but the political leadership is not showing any seriousness in this regard”, he said.

Earlier in January, Maulana Hidayat Ur Rehman accused the government of not taking the demands seriously. He said that the security forces are still humiliating the people in Gwadar and illegal fishing is once again on the rise along the Makran coast. He said that the border trade system has not been changed and the issue of the Baloch missing persons remains as grave as ever.

The ‘Gwadar Ko Haq Do’ movement started in November of 2021 and went on for over a month. Thousands of protestors, led by Maulana Hidayat Ur Rehman, went on the streets to demand an end to the issues festering Gwadar for the past several years. People from Turbat, Ormara, Pasni and other adjacent areas poured into Gwadar to join the protest.

The protest continued for 32 days and several rounds of negotiations with the provincial government and the leaders of the movement failed. Some leaders of the movement, like Mir Yousaf Masti Khan, were arrested for “anti-state” remarks. The forces also tried to apprehend Maulana Hidayat Ur Rehman but the protestors intervened and the plan was thwarted.

The government finally struck a deal with the leaders of the Haq Do movement and agreed to meet all their demands within a month. Rehman called off the protests but warned that if the government fails to implement the reforms, he will carry out a long march to Quetta. And now that several demands of the movement are unmet, the prospect of a long march is likelier than ever.

SourceTBP

Latest News

Khuzdar: Elderly Woman ‘Forcibly Disappeared,’ Bringing Missing Family Members to Eleven

An elderly woman has been forcibly disappeared from Balochistan's Khuzdar district, bringing the number of missing members...

‘Curfew Will Remain Until Pro-State Rally Is Held,’ Pakistani Forces Warn Nushki Residents

A strict curfew imposed in Nushki since Feb. 6 has entered its second week, with residents saying Pakistani forces warned that the...

Final Day of BLA Ultimatum as Pakistani Military Launches Air Operations in Khuzdar and Lasbela

Saturday (21 February) marks the final day of an ultimatum issued by the Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) over the fate of seven...

BYC Announces One-Month Campaign Marking One Year of Leaders’ Detention

The Baloch Yakjehti Committee (BYC) has announced a one-month awareness campaign to mark the completion of one year of what it describes...

BLA Releases Footage of Majeed Brigade Fighter’s Final Moments With Her Mother

The Baloch Liberation Army has released a video showing Hawa Baloch with her mother in what the group said were her final...