London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

China rejects reports of talks with Baloch rebels to protect CPEC investment

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

China has rejected a report claiming that it had been engaged in low-key dialogue with Baloch separatists for over five years in a bid to secure the multibillion-dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project in Pakistan.

According to the Financial Times report, published earlier this week, three people had shared details of Beijing being in direct contact with militants in Balochistan.

“I have never heard of such things as you mentioned,” China’s Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Geng Shuang said on Thursday when asked if Beijing was involved in a dialogue with Baloch militants to safeguard its investment in Pakistan.

“The Chinese and the Pakistani governments have been working in coordination on security matters regarding the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor,” he added.

China in direct contact with Baloch separatists – Financial Time

Expressing satisfaction over security measures taken by Pakistan to protect the CPEC-related projects and Chinese citizens, Shuang said: “We appreciate that Pakistan has already taken a series of important measures for the effective protection of the CPEC projects and Chinese citizens.

He went on to say, “We hope and believe that the Pakistani side will continue with these efforts to ensure the safety of the CPEC.”

Beijing has so far maintained a policy of non-intervention in the domestic politics of other countries.

However, the sheer magnitude and scale of its multifaceted investments in all windows of the One Belt One Road (OBOR) project had sharpened security sensibilities, said the FT report, adding that the vision to create a “new Silk Road” of trade routes in Europe, Asia and Africa had led China to venture into conflict management.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Five Bodies Recovered in Hub, Khuzdar, Surab and Kharan

The bodies of five individuals have been recovered from different areas of Balochistan, according to local authorities...

Voice for Baloch Missing Persons Says Social Media Accounts Have Been Suspended

Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP), an organisation that campaigns against enforced disappearances in Balochistan, has reported the suspension of several of...

Eight People Reportedly Disappeared in Balochistan and Karachi; Four Recovered in Quetta

Eight people have allegedly been forcibly disappeared from Chagai, Quetta and Karachi, while four people who were previously subjected to alleged enforced...

Four Men “Forcibly Disappeared” in Kech District

File Photo Four men have allegedly been forcibly disappeared after being detained by Pakistani forces in Nehing River, Tump,...

BLF Claims 23 Attacks Across Balochistan; BRG Says It Damaged Railway Track in Jacobabad

Two Baloch armed groups have claimed responsibility for a series of attacks in Balochistan and neighbouring Sindh, alleging casualties among Pakistani security...