London Escorts sunderland escorts 1v1.lol unblocked yohoho 76 https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/yohoho?lang=EN yohoho https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedpvp https://yohoho-io.app/ https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/agariounblockedschool1?lang=EN

Baloch Separatists’ Activity on X Led to Ban, Says Information Minister

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Pakistan’s Information Minister, Atta Tarar, has defended the ban on the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter, citing national security concerns rather than restrictions on free speech.

Speaking to Voice of America, Mr. Tarar explained that the interim government imposed the restriction ahead of general elections scheduled for February 8. He said the ban was due to concerns over X’s compliance with government directives.

Mr. Tarar claimed that separatist and militant groups, including the Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), have used X to spread anti-state messages. He added that some militants have used the platform to broadcast attacks live. “Militants are misusing social media platforms,” he said.

The minister noted that the matter is currently before the courts, with the Ministry of Interior having responded to ongoing legal proceedings. He added that the government has asked X to remove content deemed anti-state, emphasizing a need for tighter regulation of social media platforms.

Mr. Tarar proposed establishing a Digital Rights Protection Authority, which would allow citizens to lodge complaints about online content. While he personally supports lifting the ban on X, he insisted it should only happen if the platform adheres to government guidelines.

It should be noted that the Ministry of Interior imposed the X ban on February 17. Local journalist Ehtisham Abbasi subsequently filed a petition in the High Court challenging the decision.

Although access to X has been partially restored on several occasions, it has not been fully reinstated. Several petitions against the ban remain under review in court, with no official orders issued to lift or ease the restrictions.

Latest News

Five Bodies Recovered in Hub, Khuzdar, Surab and Kharan

The bodies of five individuals have been recovered from different areas of Balochistan, according to local authorities...

Voice for Baloch Missing Persons Says Social Media Accounts Have Been Suspended

Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP), an organisation that campaigns against enforced disappearances in Balochistan, has reported the suspension of several of...

Eight People Reportedly Disappeared in Balochistan and Karachi; Four Recovered in Quetta

Eight people have allegedly been forcibly disappeared from Chagai, Quetta and Karachi, while four people who were previously subjected to alleged enforced...

Four Men “Forcibly Disappeared” in Kech District

File Photo Four men have allegedly been forcibly disappeared after being detained by Pakistani forces in Nehing River, Tump,...

BLF Claims 23 Attacks Across Balochistan; BRG Says It Damaged Railway Track in Jacobabad

Two Baloch armed groups have claimed responsibility for a series of attacks in Balochistan and neighbouring Sindh, alleging casualties among Pakistani security...