A coal miner died due to suffocation when toxic gas filled in a coal mine in Balochistan’s Mach town.
According to Levies officials, an elderly man named Umar Daraz died due to suffocation during mining in a coal mine in Mach on Wednesday.
After the incident, Levies and rescue officials reached the spot and removed the body from the mine, and shifted it to the hospital, where after necessary procedures the dead body was sent to his native town of Shangla.
Laborer organizations in Balochistan hold both, the government and mine owners responsible for the accidents. According to the laborers, the coal mines of Balochistan lack basic safety measures and the government is neglecting the hazardous conditions in mines, due to which every year numerous mine workers lose their lives.