Sistan-Balochistan: Attack on paramilitary base kills 1, wounds 5

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

According to Iranian state TV, an attack on a Basij paramilitary base has left one dead and five others wounded in the southeastern town of Nikshahr.

Two attackers scaled the wall of a Basij paramilitary base and opened fire, killing one member of Iran’s powerful Revolutionary Guard and wounding five others, Iranian media reported Saturday.

Nikshahr prosecutor Mohsen Gol mohammadi told the semi-official Mehr news agency the victim was a “member of the Guard” and identified him as Morteza Ali ahmadi. He did not elaborate on Ali ahmadi’s rank. The Basij is affiliated with the Guard.

Gol mohammadi said both attackers escaped.

The attack happened during the morning flag raising at the base.

Nikshahr is located in Sistan-Baluchistan province. Last week, a double-bombing attack injured three policemen in Zahedan, the provincial capital.

Baloch separatists have claimed responsibility for past attacks.

In December, a suicide car bomber struck a police headquarters in the port city of Chabahar, killing at least two police and wounding 42 others.

Latest News

Geneva: Human Rights Council meeting, concerns over forced disappearances

Under the Universal Periodic Review process at the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, the member...

Blast at Peshawar Piloce Lines mosque kills 59, injures 157

Twin suicide bombings claimed 59 lives at the Police Lines Peshawar on Monday. According to Police sources, two...

Road accident claims 41 lives in Balochistan’s Lasbela

At least 41 passengers were burnt alive after the bus fell into a ravine and caught fire in Balochistan’s Lasbela district on...

Hafiz Ali Ahmed remains missing for 8 years — Family

Hafiz Ali Ahmed, who reportedly went missing from Quetta, the capital of Balochistan, could not be recovered after eight years, his family...

Zahedan: A rally held in commemoration of “Bloody Friday”

Another rally was carried out on Friday in Zahedan city of Western Balochistan to commemorate the "Bloody Friday". As...