Balochistan: Coronavirus Kills Another Doctor

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Another doctor in Balochistan has became victim of the deadly coronavirus.

Dr Shah Wali, a child specialist, was under treatment for coronavirus since last month in Bolan Medical College’s isolation ward in Quetta, the capital city of Balochistan.

Director Genral of Health in Balochistan, Dr Saleem Abrho, confirmed the demise of Dr Shah Wali’s death. He also paid tribute to Dr. Shah Wali for his services to the Department of Medicine.

The spokesperson of Young Doctors Association (YDA), Dr Raheem Babar, said that Dr Shah Wali lost his life fighting with coronavirus. This has raised the total deaths of medical professionals due to coronavirus in Balochistan to four.

YDA expressed deep concerns about the easing of lockdown and lack of medical facilities. The spokesperson added:”from the day one we are saying that the health system in Balochistan is weak, therefore, the government should impose complete lockdown, but our concerns have not been taken seriously.

He said the doctors and paramedics of Balochistan are fighting against the coronavirus in the front line with courage and bravery. “Despite the deteriorating situation of coronavirus in the province, the Balochistan government has not addressed the concerns of doctors and medical staff. So far, more than 175 doctors, 60 paramedics and 4 nurses have been infected with coronavirus while so far four doctors have lost their lives,” he said.

The video message of the wife of Dr. Zubair, who was lost his life recently, regarding the non-provision of facilities has also gone viral on social media in which she says that even the ambulance was not available let alone any other facilities.


Supporting the statement of Dr. Zubair’s wife, the YDA spokesperson said patients are facing difficulties due to non-provision of facilities to the medical staff. “Concerns have been raised but the provincial government has remained a silent spectator,” he said.

Latest News

Karachi: Hand grenade attack kills former Rangers officer, SRA takes the responsibility

Unidentified men hurled a grenade at a shop in Sachal area of ​​Karachi, killing an ex Rangers...

RSF: Pakistan must not threaten journalists living abroad

Reporters sans frontières (alias Reporters Without Borders or RSF) released a statement on July 8 where it warned the Pakistani government to...

Karachi: Sindhi political activist forcibly disappeared

Sindhi political activist allegedly abducted by Pakistani forces from Karachi city. According to Voice for Missing Persons of Sindh,...

Balochistan: 949 traffic accidents, 109 deaths and 1433 injuries in June

According to the statistics released by Najeeb Yousuf Zehri, a social worker from Balochistan, 949 traffic accidents have occurred in Balochistan that...

Harnai: Whole family “wiped out” in a “callous” military raid

A head of family, her grand daughter and two other female members of the family have been killed in a raid by...