BRAS claims responsibility for Gwadar attack killing fourteen

Must Read

Genocide is the only option in Balochistan – Pakistani Minister declares

A Pakistani minister in Balochistan, who is de-jure head of security apparatus in the region, has declared that genocide...

Aslam Baloch — The Baloch General – TBP Special report

For seventy years, through ups and downs, successes and failures, with rapid and slow pace, the Balochistan’s...

State’s deadly weapon, Shafiq Mengal – The Balochistan Post report

Strings of suicide bombing in Sindh's Shikarpur city and firing incident on BSO azad's rally in Khuzdar got connected...

Baloch Raaji Aajohi e Sangar (BRAS), has claimed responsibility of attack in Ormara near Gwadar that killed at least 14 early in the morning on Thursday.

Earlier, according to local administration, around 15-20 armed assailants in camouflage gear stopped a bus on Makran Coastal Highway. They offloaded at least 16 passengers after checking their id cards.

At least 14 were shot dead, while two persons managed to escape the massacre and made it to the nearest Levies checkpost.

According to latest updates, BRAS, an alliance of Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF), Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) and Baloch Republican Guard (BRG), has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Baloch Khan, BRAS’s spokesperson, in a statement said that those killed in the attack were personnel of Pakistani armed forces. He claimed that they were only killed after their identities were ascertained through their service cards.

While government officials confirmed that some of the deceased were members of Pakistani Coast Guard and Navy but claimed they also included civilian passengers.

BRAS rebutted this claim and its spokesperson maintained that Pakistani state is downplaying their losses by portraying their personnel as passengers.

Balochistan Home Minister Zia Langove told AFP that a full-scale investigation had been launched into the attack and to track down the gunmen, who he said had fled the scene. “Such incidents are intolerable and we will not spare the terrorists who carried out this dastardly attack,” he said.

Latest News

Quetta: Protest staged for ‘missing persons’ on Eid day

The Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP) staged a protest in front of the Quetta Press Club...

Corona-virus spreading rapidly in Balochistan

The cases of pandemic Covid-19 are constantly increasing in Balochistan. According to the Balochistan Health Department, the total number...

Eid to be celebrated with simplicity in solidarity with missing persons – BSO Pajjar

Eid-ul-Fitr has been named after the missing persons. All workers should celebrate Eid with simplicity. According to a statement...

Abducted woman found dead in Quetta city

Two days ago kidnapped woman was found dead in Quetta, on Saturday.According to police, a bullet riddled body of an abducted woman...

Awaran: 12-year-old boy molested, state-backed squad member accused

According to reports received by The Balochistan Post News Desk, an incident of sexual assault took place with a 12-year-old boy named...